Lowest syn value for an Indian/Chinese

Penguin_Hell

Going out for a meal on Saturday and I was wondering if anyone knew the best choice of chinese/indian food to have that would hopefully keep within the 15 syns!

Please don't just say rice, lol.

I heard that beef in blackbean sauce with boiled rice was low syns.can't remember how many though.

Thanx in advance!

If i remember rightly beef and black bean is 5.5, chicken chow mein is 7 and obviously boiled rice is free =)

I was told 360g chicken black bean sauce is 5 syns. The portion we get is more than double that. Think 360/380g for chow mein at 7.5 syns

Its a bit late but Chicken dhansak is only 6.5syns per portion (i always have this in an indian) & poppadoms are 4 syns each

xx xx xx

Its a bit late but Chicken dhansak is only 6.5syns per portion (i always have this in an indian) & poppadoms are 4 syns each

xx xx xx

Is dhansak nice?
I ended up just cooking me and the other half a SW curry!
I think i do prefer indian to chinese though. We always go to all you can eat and i eat way more than i should and end up feeling sick. With the indian, it's usually just a set meal and fills me up nice :D

Is dhansak nice?
I ended up just cooking me and the other half a SW curry!
I think i do prefer indian to chinese though. We always go to all you can eat and i eat way more than i should and end up feeling sick. With the indian, it's usually just a set meal and fills me up nice :D

Its a sweet curry .. made with sweetcorn n lentils ... verrrrrryyy yummy .. tastes naughty like you shouldnt be having it ... but its also the lowest cal curry too (250-500 cals per portion) so cant be all that bad ;) i always feel sick at all you can eats ... i never feel like ive had a decent meal ... xx

isnt it "dan - sack" ? lol

indian defo better than chinese - although you can always see the oil congeal if you leave it
veg curry 9
veg jalfezi 7.5 i think

i remember reading in a magazine years ago about a woman who loved curry and when she joined sw she asked them to cook her food in fry light
ive asked mine too and they said yes but i havent been back yet!

I thought rogan josh was only 6.5 but could be wrong lol

I'd always imagined chow mean to be higher than that with it being so oily! This is good to know! X

To start with, you can check their websites to see the nutrition information. If they don't maintain a website, check nutritionix, which has alist of more than 150 restaurants that will show you each meal's nutrition facts. Hope it helps!

Thanks to this thread, I actually tried the "dan sack" (!) in the week and i LOVE it! It was a little bit hot but I can get used to that! Lovely and sweet, full of lentils and very tasty! Will def have that more often, all these years on various diets, I always went for the chicken shashlik/tandoori which does get a bit boring when everyone else is having rice with a curry with sauce!! Thanks everyone! x

The one thing that I am obsessed with from the local chinese is a chicken curry with half fried rice and half chips. In order to save some syns I would be willing to have it with either one or the other. I know boiled rice is a better option but I'm not a fan. Has anyone got any idea (roughly) how many syns it would be? I think I read somewhere that the curry itself was 7syns (but I may have imagined that). Also, can chinese servings be classed as average 'portions'. I imagine they're probably larger than what SW set out.

I'm going to go and have a check through my pdf's here to see if I can work it out but would just love some confirmation from someone else to make sure that if I do give in and have one at some point that I'm going to keep within the weeks syns.

According to my 'searching' of my pdf's it says....
From an Indian takeaway (it doesn't have chicken curry for the chinese takeaway) is 11.5syns per serving. How much is a serving? The tub of chicken curry that they serve you?

It also says that a portion of fried rice (again, no weight listed) is 4 syns. Therefore having a takeaway for me would only be 15.5syns which wouldn't be too bad, given that I usually come in under syns unless I have a night out?!

Really would love someone to check this?

Last edited:
Back