Mackerel & Sausages (not together!)

anjuschka

Dukan Ancestor!!
Hi there,

sorry another Q from me.

I've just been checking the food list on the French site again, as I am still amazed that I am allowed smoked salmon (my special treat!) and other smoked fish.
HOWEVER: no mention of Mackerel anywhere (not fresh either), so is it forbidden ("anything not on the list is forbidden")
Tous les aliments Dukan autorisés, interdits, tolérés et les adjuvants pour cuisiner - Recettes Dukan pour régime hyper protéiné du Dr Dukan
Sorry forgot to check the book - it's at home at the mo'

Secondly for those of you craving sausages: the Herta Chicken Frankfurters are allowed as a 'tolerated' food once you're cruising. Max 100gr per day, that's 2+ sausages (35gr in a sausage)

Everyone have a good day!

ooh thanks ref the sausages where do we get them from? and yes mackeral is ok.

thanks hon. when he says tolerated?? what does he mean?

oh vicks u make me laff u just love the naughty stuff !!

Last edited:
no its sausages I love :D

only sausages !!!!!!!! i must admit i do like a beef sauasage now and again ........

you cant have them only these ones :D
P.s. does any have a list of the tolerated foods? someone somehwre has mentioned babybel?

Jet love your piccie :D

Tolerated means no more than two doses in total per day (for example 1 tb / 15gr of cornflour is one, and 100gr chicken sausage makes two), and no tolerated foods during attack.
I think the fruit yoghurts (Activia) fall into tolerated (one pot = one serving) too. so two yoghurts in the day = no sausages :D

It easily gets complicated which is why I try to steer well clear!

There are some brand name extra-light cheese listed on the French site but I have not yet spotted one that you can get here.

PS answering my own question:

Lots of discussion re: Mackerel elsewhere too. I think the consensus is that it's allowed, but the smoked version is quite salty = retains water which you'll see on the scales the next day. And make sure to drink plenty of water. No problem with fresh or tinned in brine mackerel.

you can tell I'm having a quiet day at work ;)

thanks hon. Im interested to see what cheese is allowed :D

And another reply for a query about tolerated items, I just caught this one in the chat window of the official uk Dukan site http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/

Dear maggiea, the list will be soon available in the forum when it will be up (shortly). In the meantime, here's a few: fat free, sugar free fruit yogurts (2 max /day), soy yogurt (plain) (1/day), 30 g of chesse/day less than 7%), 1TS/day of low fat cream (less than 3%), 30ml of wine (for cooking only), 150 ml of soy milk/day, etc ... Just remember you can only have 2 tolerated per day. Enjoy !

Last edited:
I had no idea about tolerated foods but I imagine I use all mine up with my current addiction of non-fat sugar free vanilla steamers from starbucks!

ooh what are they?

It just hot skimmed milk with a shot of vanilla syrup but I discovered starbucks do sugar free syrups so now I'm completely addicted. Hot sweet milk is a real pick me up, very warming and comforting and keeps me going when the afternoon is dragging at work!

mm sounds good - make sure you not over the 250ml per day though hon x

Back