Mainly asking Banders for advice but..

Any and all advice will be helpful :(

Almost a year ago, I posted that I was struggling.. well.. am still struggling.. badly..

I need help.. I need advice.. I need a kick up the jacksie and a push in the right direction. I feel like I've failed ~ not just myself but the surgical team, the dietician and my family.. They gave me a 'gift' to help me to get down to a better weight. Don't get me wrong - I've lost over 8stone since my Journey began wayyyyy back.. I was 25st 7lb in 2006. I'm now 17st 2lb and am ashamed of that fact. I know in my heart that I should be at least down to 14st or even below considering I've been banded now for quite a while :/

I'd put a lot of the slow loss down to me not eating 3 meals a day but no matter how hard I try - I just can't do it.. I struggle to eat twice a day and am aware that's probably not helping me much either. I am riddled with osteoarthritis (from before the weight gain and since been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and a form of arthritis in my rib cage) which limits my exercise options. I used to go swimming three times a week then winter hit and I've not been now since end of october '16 :(

I've not been seen in clinic by anyone in almost 4years.. I'm scared to admit it but I think I need my band checked, adjusted and something done.. I know it isn't 'just' because of the band but I no longer 'feel my sweet spot' as it were. Anyone else have the same feeling/problem? I don't even know if they'd see me now..

I've turned to yoga and gentle exercising every other day but feel like it isn't enough any more. I don't eat bread much - maybe twice a month.. I eat rice twice a month, pasta twice a month, I love yoghurt, dried fruits, nuts, chicken, vegetables, turkey, mince and have a variety every week, we rarely eat takeaway so I'm not sure if my actual det itself is the issue. More the fact I'm either not moving enough or not eating enough to have the energy to burn off.. (if that makes sense?)

Please.. I've cried so many tears this past month.. I don't want to keep feeling like this.. I don't want to keep struggling as I am.. If you've read this far - thank you for giving me that few minutes of your time.. do you have ANYTHING to suggest? I'd appreciate any comments/ replies.. no matter how you feel about this *sighs*

>>>> Off to check my sunday lunch - meatloaf, carrots, swede, parsnip, sprouts and potato for hubby..

I think it's time for you to refocus on taking care of yourself. Get your mind in the right place and know that what you're doing benefits you by making you healthier, happier, and to live a long great life.

Back