Maintainers - I need a little help please!!

CamilleBates

Alomst there :)
ok... so I was naughty yesterday and had just over 40 syns... I'm going out tonight for a meal, I'm anticipating about 65 syns ... that's taken me over my 105 already!!

So... my question is should I just stick to one A and B choice, and have my syns as usual, counting these two days as flexi syns, or should I cut back a little for the rest of the week?? I have no idea what my maintenance regime is going to be yet lol, only been at target for a day!! Just wondered what you would do if you were in my situation....

I'd treat them as flexi days and carry on the rest of the week as normal. You shouldn't put on any weight doing that.

Don't worry - it will probably take you a few weeks to figure out what you can and can't get away with. You have a three pound cushion so even if you do put on it's not the end of the world. it's a balancing act and it take a while to find out what is going to work for you.

I am maintaining whilst allowing myself occasional flexidays. The important thing is for you to find your level of healthy extras so that the extra calories (I know we don't count them but we all know they are there) come from a (mostly) healthy source. I am averaging about 4 B's a day whilst others maintain with 2.

hey hun,
iv successfully maintain for 8.. almost 9 months.
firstly my tip is to never expect to stay the same weight, those 3lb margins are there to be used..

i maintain by not having extra HE's- i continue to eat the same as i do now, 1 a and 1 b (EE) as i have done always, and then just allow myself the odd treat every now and then, and eat out a little bit more. i know C's say you dont increase your syns, you increase ur HE's but this way works for me and im not increasing my syns dailey, but just having a more lax approach to using them.

i also have a few days off every now and then when i see fit ( certain events ) i gain a couple of lbs, and then pull it straight back in to get it off.. i find this keeps me in track in the sence you learn what you can get away with now..

i.e when i was loosing weight, i'd only have to loose at a malibu and coke and i'd gain 4 lbs, but could get away with a large dominoes to myself and manage a 3lb loss on one occasion.. now its food that gets me, whereas booze, not so much now! (typical now i dont enjoy drinking!)

youl figure it out, whats best for you :)

just enjoy being at target xxxx

wow my body is mean to me!!! I am at target but maintain with the normal plan, 2hexB and 1 to 2HexA a day!
Just got to a point where i stopped loosing weight, which was within my target range so i just figured thats what size im meant to be. My BMI is 21 or 22 I think so within a healthy range.

As somebody wrote above you just have to see what works for you! But I just love that I can have a piece of cake when i visit my nan (what is it with nans and cake!!) and even if its not within my syn allowence that aslong as I carry on with plan as normal for the rest of the time then my weight stays within target range!! :)

good luck and enjoy or hope you enjoyed the meal out :)

Back