Maintaining on SW

Hels50

Banned
There is no humiliation of putting weight and going back to group. So many target members do, but many fall off the wagon by not going back. I know, I did that previously, hit target, and thought I could do it alone. I was wrong and put back almost all that I lost. I went back several times before making it this time.
If you resent paying, that is up to you, but surely the price of SW is worth it? It won't take long with determination.
Anyway, good luck.

Thanks. I've now found the password for this week so I'll use it to fill in the food diary for as long as it works (it seems they all work for at least 2 weeks expiring finally on a Saturday whilst they overlap). I actually want to lose a bit more weight and would like to maintain at 3lbs below target. So my plan is to go back to class at 3lbs above target and to keep going until I get to 3lbs below.

It's a bit worrying that so many members find they put on weight when they stop attending. Will any of us ever be normal whereby SW becomes such a way of life that we don't need to think about it and maintain naturally?

It's a bit worrying that so many members find they put on weight when they stop attending. Will any of us ever be normal whereby SW becomes such a way of life that we don't need to think about it and maintain naturally?

I do worry about this- I think you have to learn a completely new set of techniques to maintain as you have to adopt a completely different psyche than when losing! I still have a long way to go before I even get to target, so I'm jumping the gun a bit, but I currently help my C on the 'social team', weighing members/selling stuff in 'the shop' etc! I plan to continue doing this after I get to target as I really think it will help me to stay focussed and in 'the zone' (hopefully)!!

Speaking from experience I put on everything I lost when I targeted 1st time, and that was because I thought I knew it all and didn't go back to class after maintaining a couple of month. I was so wrong, and I won't make that mistake again. We have a few target members who attend most weeks, and one lady who reached her target 4 years ago still comes every week. I think it's excellent for support and keeps you in check. And it's free when you get there.
SW is for life, but I think you will always have to think about it, and you will never maintain if you don't follow the plan. That becomes normal.

I think it's excellent for support and keeps you in check. And it's free when you get there.
SW is for life, but I think you will always have to think about it, and you will never maintain if you don't follow the plan. That becomes normal.

In my opinion, you almost have to learn SW twice, once to lose weight and once to maintain. Many thousands of people have lost weight with SW and kept it off forever.

That being said some people have bad habits so in-built to them that it's hard to break, almost in the same way that some drug addicts get clean, but then go back to the drug.

Some target members stay at group for the support, some for the willpower boost (the fact you get weighed everyweek) and some just for the social aspect.

I for one, even when I'm being 'naughty' have SW in my mind in the way I think about food and what to eat.

Natt xxx

Back