Making the shakes?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by hanmac, 5 June 2010 Social URL.

1. hanmac

hanmac Getting her sparkle back

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12.1lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.7lb(29.13%)
    Diet:
    Lost 5 stone on Lighter Life and 1 1/2 on Exante! - Put about 2 1/2 stone back on so back to Exante!
    Hi everyone,
    It's my first day today!
    Am a bit confused though as in my week 1 booklet it says to mix the shakes with 200-400ml of water. However, in the foundation book it says 180-200ml.
    So I mixed my vanilla shake with 200ml of water, and it tasted ok but am I doing it right?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flexiblefish

flexiblefish Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    it really is trial and error and see what you prefer. if you like thick and sweet, limit the water, if thin and volume add more.

Mix too taste basically

4. roundrachel

roundrachel Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    there's no science to it and I never measured the water. Just whack in the powder, fill about three quarters full, put on the top, shake and pour. Mine would usually end up being about a pint but I know some people prefer less water. Just play about with it till you find what works for you!

5. hanmac

hanmac Getting her sparkle back

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12.1lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.7lb(29.13%)
    Diet:
    Lost 5 stone on Lighter Life and 1 1/2 on Exante! - Put about 2 1/2 stone back on so back to Exante!
    Thank you both!
    It really is trial and error...made a hot chocolate this evening to drink whilst watching Britain's Got Talent and it was a big lumpy mess!
    But am sure i'll get the hang of it over the next 14 weeks :)

6. DavidFalkirk

DavidFalkirk Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(13.53%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Hi there,

Its really personal preferrence. I make my OH's for her with 300 mls and I put 500 in mine with some ice.

Good luck with the diet

D

7. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    I found the chocolate one was really lumpy if I mixed it in the shaker. I used to do it in a big mug, mix it to a smooth patse with a bit of cold water using the back of a desert spoon and then add hot water from the kettle,stirring to prevent lumps forming.
    BL suggested it was improved by adding a couple of sweeteners. Although i don't ususally like sweet drinks it worked for me. I made it like that almost every night for a year.
    I never used the shaker. I used to mix all the shaked with a spoon. Made it very easy when I was out and about. I also found that the powder got stuck at the bottom of the shakers.
    Whatever works for you. If you want to get it over with, mix with a little water. If you like it add extra, makes it last longer.
    You'll find out which way suits you best.
    Good luck.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.