Man needs help!!!!

chunkychap

Hello all,

First post here and hopefully not a completely daft one. Next week me and Mrs. Chunkychap are off on our holidays, the problem we have is we are driving and it will take a couple of days to get to our destination. Has anyone got any ideas for snacky type things we can take with us, something other than fruit that needs to be either syn free or virtually syn free and storable in a warm car.

tar for the expected torrent of useful replies :)

Hey chunkychap!

I don't envy you the drive...

Will you be taking a cool bag/box with you? If so, these will keep you going. Let me know if you want any recipes.

Pasta Quiche - Free on G and EE
SW Scotch Eggs - Free on R and EE
Courgette and Rosemary couscous - Free on G and EE
Houmous and veg sticks - Free on G and EE
Curried chicken drumsticks - Free on R and EE
Bread pudding slices - One HeB and 4 syns for a very large cake!

These will keep you going for a while and definitely won't hurt your slimming.

Alpen Light bars are a godsend in situations like this. 2 for a Healthy B or (I think) 3 syns each.

Hey chunkychap!

Will you be taking a cool bag/box with you? If so, these will keep you going. Let me know if you want any recipes.

Houmous if FREE??? 8 weeks in and I only just find this out? I could almost cry!!!

Sorry for dominating this thread now. Just checked Syns online and houmous is about 1-3 syns per lever tbspn unless there' one I don't know about?

Sorry to intrude but NiaX please may I have the recipe for your courgette & rosemary couscous? I'm currently a little obsessed with courgettes so this sounds right up my street.

Fruit and Alpen bars are quite good to travel with. Hope you have a nice holiday wherever you're going! :)

carlacas83 said:
Have you tried Syn free crisps?

Crisps so Im told are not sin free, please correct me if Im wrong its all to do with the amount you could eat you wouldn't be able eat 3 jacket potatoes but wouldn't give it a second thought if they were made into crisps well i wouldn't lol

Chunkychap i agree with the cool bag it will defiantly be worth it to keep things fresh! Failing that there must be supermarkets on the way that you can pick up fresh sin free things from x

Sorry for dominating this thread now. Just checked Syns online and houmous is about 1-3 syns per lever tbspn unless there' one I don't know about?

Nia is talking about homemade hummous being free, there are recipes in the recipe forum.

Lilyb said:
Nia is talking about homemade hummous being free, there are recipes in the recipe forum.

Thank you, I'm off to take a look!

Thanks for the replies/ ideas, I think we can use at least some of them for our journey which is going to be a long long test of our willpower.

NiaX said:
Hey chunkychap!

Could we have the bread pudding recipe please :)

If you have a cool bag
What about a couple of salads
A rice salad and a pasta salad
Cheese triangles and crackers or Rivita
Selection of fruit
Cut up some carrot sticks
Pink and White wafers ...... 2 1/2 syns
Sugar free jellypots ...... 1/2 SYN
Cooked chicken bits
Hard boiled eggs
Tinned tuna
Tinned sardines