Massively struggling AGAIN. Kick needed.

jaylou

Gold Member
I know the answer to this but I just need to blurb it out.
I'm really really struggling since I've gone outside of target. I have gained and lost the same couple of pounds since August and have a stone to get to my new target. I cannot seem to get my head into gear. I think it's because I had been at target for so long that I find it hard to be strict and stick 100% to plan.

I don't know what it is I want but I can't seem to stop eating :cry: Bread, cheese, butter on toast (I've never done this!) My meals are pretty good, it's other things - crackers and cheese on an evening, sweets, chocolate, supermarket sandwiches (which are rank but I kind of like them :eek:)

I really don't like carrying these extra few pounds and I know I could so easily put all my weight back on if I let go any more.

So, I'm off on hols and I am going to plan plan plan and, through November I am going to make a concerted 100% effort ready for the Silly Season in December.

I really hope I can do this. :wave_cry:

You said it yourself, you know what you need to do, but here is a massive KICK anyhow, November is a great month for staying in and being good, before the madness of December starts... 4 weeks on plan, and you could be half a stone lighter and well on your way to your new target.

YOU CAN DO IT! xxxxx

:asskick: as requested but what I think you actually need is :grouphugg: can you dig out an old week's diary and stick to it?

It sounds like you need a treat - what about a massage or a manicure?

hb x

Thanks girls x
I am going to do a new recipe each night. I'm taking my cookbooks with me and the new mag and have a big Tesco order coming tonight with lots of things to take.
It's going to be hard but I want half a stone off by 1st December.
I've never really struggled this much before, and for this long either.
*sobs*

now I'm no Carol Vorderman but from your sig I think you've still lost 2 stone 5 which is AMAZING and really inspirational, this time next week you'll be well on your way

It sounds to me like you have developed some habits! Are you eating crackers and cheese at a specific time? Have you got into the routine of buying a supermarket sandwich because you are there anyway?

I am finding that target is harder than I thought, because although you can allow yourself more, it's where to stop with the 'allowances'.

Think about what routines you have got that involve food and try and change them. I got to a point where I had a bar of chocolate every night when I sat down with a cup of tea- it was a lovely ritual but with all my other 'allowances' I was gaining again. So now I drink fruit tea and don't miss the chocolate as much because I lost the 'trigger' to eat it. Break the routine and I bet a lot of these off-plan moments will seem easier to kick

xxx

Yes, Yes and Yes again CP.
Cheese and crackers at 9.30 pm advert break, sandwich when I pop at lunch to pick some milk or something up and biscuits/choc with my 9pm cuppa.
Creature of habit for sure.

Okay. Maybe a hot choc instead of the tea and I'll send my daughter to the local shop for milk when she gets home from school. It may be more expensive for the milk but I'll save cals and money on the sandwich.

The cheese and crackers, I need to go back to using my B choice on ryvita and A choice on cheese.

Lots of changes to make. You are right, more and more "allowances" creep in. It's tough.

Aww huni!!

Since i started SW you have always been an inspiration to me, clearly knowing what you are doing and how to rectify any troubles that people were having with plan.

The only difference now is that you need to read some of your own advice (which you have already given to yourself in posting) and trust that you easily have the strength and the motivation to get back to it!!

challenging yourself to 1/2 stone by 1st of December isnt easy - but if it was it wouldnt be a challenge.

Enjoy your hols and enjoy the back on track feeling.

We all know you can do it xxx

Okay. Maybe a hot choc instead of the tea and I'll send my daughter to the local shop for milk when she gets home from school. It may be more expensive for the milk but I'll save cals and money on the sandwich.

The cheese and crackers, I need to go back to using my B choice on ryvita and A choice on cheese.
Good plan, doll- just think of ways around it like you are doing.

You introduced me to Dark chocolate Highlights so we both know they are ace and I find they really fix the chocolate craving (I make them with not too much water so they taste thick and strong and serve it in a really pretty teacup to make it feel like an occasion....... is this sad?)

For 9.30 ad breaks when you have already used your A&B, try a routine that doesn't involve food- give your nails a quick file, look through a recipe book for tomorrows dinner, get yourself a nice soft drink but put ice and lemon in it to make it feel more special, chop up some fruit ready for tomorrow (and you can pick without feeling guilty), write up your food plan for the next day

Yeah.....not as nice as cheese and crackers, but worth it for those extra few pounds off, girlio

xxx

Great advice from everyone, here. And you CAN DO IT, Jaylou! Sounds like a good plan to try a new recipe each night, to make things a bit more interesting. So get planning, find that determination and will-power, but most importantly enjoy your holiday!

Back