• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Maybe I can do it after all!

In 2009 I lost 3 and a half stones doing Cambridge meal replacement diet. Unfortunately I became disabled with a muscle disease and had to stop the diet...a combination of low mobility, eating 'normally' again and suffering depression due to my disability meant I have put all the weight back on again.

I joined Slimming World last week but I have no confidence in myself...the Cambridge diet was the only one in my life that had worked for me. I have stuck to the rule (extra easy) about 90% this week and went to class thinking I had not lost...amazingly I have lost 4lb!

This has given me renewed confidence that maybe I can lose this extra weight slowly and sensibly even with no exercise at all (I can't even walk more than 10 feet) and eating 'proper' food.

I have spent some time reading through the posts on here and I am inspired by how much weight everyone has lost.

Well done everyone and I hope that I can follow your lead.

Nic x
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Silver Member
well done on your great weight loss in your first week, of course you can do it, welcome to the team ((hugs))