Mayonnaise

LVLLM

Gold Member
Can you have as much mayonnaise as you want?

Thanks - i have been using hellmans - have been having about 1/2 mug full though lol

Try this, I posted on the menu thread. Its so easy and tastes a zillion times better (and cheaper) :)

Up until a few years ago I always bought mayo from the shop, normally hellmans. Then I remember one day I was making coleslaw for a BBQ and had no mayonaise left. I'd heard all the horror stories about making your own, but I thought I would give it a try! I got my recipe from one of Gordon ramsey's cookbooks. But here is the youtube link : YouTube - Gordon Ramsay - Homemade Mayonnaise

Its so much nice than ordinary shop bought mayo, it goes off a lot quicker, but you can make as little as you want. Also you can add your own flavourings, garlic, chilli, herbs etc. I used sunflower oil (not sure of the carb content, but you can use other oils). It really is easier than I thought, cheaper and not full of additives :)

I love mayo. I always buy Hellman's but might try the Tesco one. I don't eat mayo in large quantities, though.

Thanks for the recipe, I will try that!

half a mug!! Bloody Hell Vicky, LOL. LMAO

LOL - well maybe i overestimated but counting last night I must be having 4/5 teaspoons full. which is 2.5 carbs!

Providing you add them into your carb count then Vicky. :)

yes i have started now. Its amazing every week i learn i have been doing something wrong LOL

That's what we are all here for Vicky. :) Laura in particular is a fount of information. :)

Oh stop it you guys... I'm welling up:cry:!! :D

You are both bloomin' fab with your advice. x

Back