Meet the Natives-has anyone else here been watching it?

KD

Gone fishing
Even the continuity announcers said "Prepare to be amazed".

This is been such fantastic viewing.

three-part series which turns the tradition of anthropological observation on its head as five tribesmen from Vanuatu travel 10,000 miles to encounter the 'three tribes' of Britain - the working, middle and upper class - for the very first time. The five travellers arrive in Manchester and are amazed by the first city they have ever seen. They are saddened by seeing homeless people sleeping rough and cannot understand why such a wealthy city cannot house all its people

What wonderful people. They are indeed blessed with the most terrific sense of humour, along with love and repect for all humankind. Okay, they do think Prince Philip is God:D

Someone at work who hadn't watched the programme said that it was unfair on them to let them see life here and expect them to return to nothing at the end of the series.

Huh:confused: They have everything. We have nothing. I bet they couldn't wait to get back

They live an idyllic life where they wake each day under pollution free skies. Their food is shared equally. If someone is without a home, they join forces and build one for him. No money is required. They have none. They don't need it. They have everything they need.

Their children don't have cousins. Everyone is a brother or sister and everything revolves about love and respect.

What incredibly fun-loving people they are with wicked sense of humours

The series has been such an eyeopener and I haven't laughed so much in a long time.
SavagesDM2109_468x412.jpg

I watched last week and thought it was fabulous.... there amazement at simple things was just lovely to watch... have sky+ this weeks though did see the bit where the family were giving them 'traditional cakes - eccles cakes'.... amazing programme... if only us Brits were more caring and thoughtful sure this country would be in a far better state than it is....

I missed the first one (drat!) but saw the latest one where they lived with the working-class 'tribe'. It was an amazing insight into ourselves - even simple things like going to the local dump inspired a thought provoking discussion. Fab stuff!

I had to chuckle when the Liverpudlian guy gave them eccles cakes and said 'when you eat these you can think of us and maybe you can make them back home' ... priceless! He was a lovely guy and a good ambassador for the 'working class tribe'. :)

Will definitely not miss the final installment - will they get to meet the son of their god? And will they persuade him to come back to Tanna?

I love this show! I was worried it would be patronising in tone, but not at all! Completely heart warming and just lovely. Unfortunately I missed this weeks episode, any idea if/when it's repeated? Won't miss this weeks!

Back