Met my RTM group....

Deb G

Silver Member
Lovely people, but lapsing all over the place! :eek:

Spoke to a girl I met in developers, she's in week 3, and she was telling me that she has had 2 sqaures of choc a day from the start of RTM and that she had chinese and pizza and chips at the weekend! When we all introduced ourselves, nearly everyone was struggling with weight gain!!!!:break_diet:

I'm not knocking them, cos at least they're there trying to sort it out and trying to follow the rules....but I suppose I was just a bit shocked.

It also made me quite worried!:sigh: However, I know that I will be strong (I stayed abstinent through Xmas for God's sake!!!) so I will sit there with my halo firmly glowing!!! I've come so far and I won't mess it up now in the final 12 weeks!:)

Anyone else found this in their group.:confused:

sounds bizarre to me Deb, my group and pretty much normal I would say, several are from my developer group and we all went through xmas in abstinence.
Some have had small hiccups, but no out and out flouting the rules.
I don't think you are going to have a problem Deb, and I don't think I will either, I am enjoying the program, and have followed it all the way through and intend on continuing to the end.
This week I have had to introduce some fruit just for the sake of my digestive system, LLC said that was the best thing to do and you don't need to feel guilty about it. So I have taken it easy, not felt guilty about it, and not used it as an excuse to stray.

Hi Deb

I'm afraid i'm one of the people struggling on RtM in our group :eek:, but I'm definitely not the only one. Our group doesn't seem to have much focus at the moment and is a complete mix - some people still in Development, others in RtM and a few who are now maintaining and just pop in occasionally.

Our LLC is lovely, but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed at the RtM part of the plan because apart from it being quite nice to have a general chat with the other girls, I feel I may as well be doing it alone.

I wonder if it depends on how long you were abstaining as to how easy / difficult you find it to stick to RtM - some of the ladies in our group did 100 days Foundation and then went straight into RtM and they don't seem to be lapsing as much.

If I had loads of money, then now would be the time I'd invest in some extra counselling to help me work out a way to eat normally...

Monkey
x

Awww....bless you Monkey!

I suppose I was shocked because in FOundation you don't talk about any lapses, in developers no one was really lapsing, and now it seemed a bit like a free for all. I'm not worried for myself, but I do worry about the plan as a whole. I suppose at the end of the day its our choice what we put in our mouths and that is where the success/failure of the plan lies. I certainly don't judge these people - they're trying so hard, and we ALL know how difficult it is!!!!

Well done for sticking with it MOnkey!

Back