Microwave Rice Syns???

charl_young

Gold Member
I just made some Tilda microwave rice, the courgette and pepper brown rice one, I think they are 1syn a pouch?? But could someone help and let me know what the Syns actually are???

Thanks you :) xx

Ohhhh no!!! I thought it was less :( I ate the whole thing too :(

I always thought they were low syns but no =(

Pilau is 2.5
Egg Fried 3.5
Pinto Bean and Chilli 2.5
Pure Basmati 3
Brown Basmati 2.5

... Etc haha

Haha the one I picked would be the highest. Boo. Do you know any of the micro ones that are lower by any chance?? Xx

Uncle Ben's pouches are slightly lower.

Express long grain - 1
Express basmati - 1.5
Express thai sweet chilli - 2

Do you have any favourite flavours?

Well I usually just cook my own rice but on green days I thought this would be easier.. I'll just make my own and save the syns! Thank you for replying x

I have just found this out :( Ihave been having the uncle bens wholegrain rice puch 2-3 times a week thinking it was free , but its 3.5 syns :eek: I work nights and always take a portion of SW chilli and the rice .. no idea what to take now :/

i didnt realise either!!!!

does anyone know why rice is free but micro rice isnt??

is boil in the bag rice free though??

thanks!!

Boil in the bag is free as the rice is dried. I think the microwave ones aren't free because there might be oil added or other things to preserve the cooked rice that would be synned.... I think haha

If you look at the texture of the rice when it has been cooked it is coated in an oil (also the reason it slides out the pouch so easily!!!). Best to cook boil in the bag or loose rice (I find boil in bag easier as you do not need to make sUre the rice is all sticking together or worse to the pan!!!!!

Back