milk allowance?

LouiseMc

hey guys!
is there a milk allowence a day? or can you have as much milk as you want?
also what are the PP on semi skimmed milk?
thanks x

No there's no milk allowance, you have to count everything you eat and drink. 100mls of skimmed is 1pp (basically 1pp per 100mls). I think semi-skimmed is 2pp for 125mls or 7pp for a pint (5pp for a pint of skimmed)

ok thanks v much :) x

Well, they recommend a pint of milk or the equivalent a day to be used but all from your points- as in you don't get extra for them- one portion of dairy is 300ml milk, 40g hard cheese or 150g yoghurt :)

ok thanks v much :D x

Well, they recommend a pint of milk or the equivalent a day to be used but all from your points- as in you don't get extra for them- one portion of dairy is 300ml milk, 40g hard cheese or 150g yoghurt :)

:eek: OMG REALLY !! ?? thats loads !! ....
other then flora light and a piece of cheese now and again i only use about 150ml (sometimes 300ml) of milk a week (and that's only if i make a white sauce to go with cauliflower !) :)
other then that i have the occasional fromage frais or yoghurt ...
but i have no where near that much in a day (probably only that much in a week !) :(

..... does a dairy milk count towards dairy intake ? :)

I think it's for recommended calcium intake but you can get that from dark green vegetables so I wouldn't worry too much. I'm lactose intolerant, rarely make my pint per day because I grew up avoiding milk and most other dairy so it's not something I have much (can easily make it up with yoghurt as this doesn't affect me and I adore yoghurt) and my calcium levels are fine which surprised me even though I guess I have strong bones (never broken any) in spite of my low dairy intake as a child :)

Haha I wish; I wonder how much milk actually goes in them? You never know ;)

LittleMissThin 17 said:
Haha I wish; I wonder how much milk actually goes in them? You never know ;)

A glass and a half ain't it? ;) xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

whats the pro points for alpro soya milk i been counting 2 pp for about 400 ml
i mesure it out into a plastic bottle and take to work
xx

If its 4pp for 400mls of skimmed milk then I would say its a pp or 2 more than that for the soya milk (its closer to NI of semi-skimmed I think). Do you have nutritional info to work it out?

Holy moly its only 2pp? Time to switch to soya, where did I get the idea soya was similiar to semi-skimmed in NI?! I was sure i checked somewhere before LOL!!

I use 1% fat milk, 1pp for 100 ml and the same taste as semi skimmed. I don't mind skimmed but I couldn't subject my husband and little ones to it lol. I use 3pp a day for my milk, 3 cuppas and a bowl of cereal.

I use 1% fat milk, 1pp for 100 ml and the same taste as semi skimmed. I don't mind skimmed but I couldn't subject my husband and little ones to it lol. I use 3pp a day for my milk, 3 cuppas and a bowl of cereal.
I use 1% too ;)

In ireland, a company called avonmore have replaced their semi skimmed with 1% and its really easy to get now :)

A glass and a half ain't it? ;) xx

lol yep apparently its a glass and a half but not sure what size bar that's in. i have a feeling my small 2pp treat size ones don't contain that much as they would weigh less then 1 glass of milk ! lol :D .... unless they really small glasses (like a shot glass) :)

Back