Mince, How often do you eat it??

Lucylu79

Gold Member
Edited to now ask how often you eat mince (Extra Lean)

Can it affect your weight loss if you eat it often or is that when its Lean??

Just wondering if one of those free foods that should be eaten with care is all.

Thanks!

Hi All!

I've fallen for the 3 for £10 meat this week and ended up getting lean mince instead of Extra Lean that I always use.

Does anyone know how many syns I should be counting? Or point me in the right direction to find it out??

Many Thanks!!

Last edited:
Co-op, Lean Beef Steak Mince, 12% Fat, 250g pack, chilled, 100g 3 3 9½ Morrisons, Lean Minced Steak, 500g pack, chilled, 100g 3 3 9½
Tesco, Lean Steak Mince, Less Than 12% Fat, 800g pack, chilled, 100g 3 3 9½ Morrisons, Lean Minced Steak, 500g pack, frozen, 100g 1½ 1½ 8½
Sainsbury's, Lean Minced Beef & Onion, canned, 392g can 6½ 6½ 28
Sainsbury's, Lean Minced Beef & Onion, canned, 198g can 3 3 14
Tesco, Lean Lamb Mince, Less Than 16% Fat, 400g pack, chilled, 100g 3½ 3½ 11 Waitrose, Lean Lamb Mince, 250g pack, chilled, 100g ½ ½ 8½
Not sure which one you need-made list .

Thanks for that, its quite a lot of syns really isn't it!!! I'll have to carefull and make sure I add loads of veg to my portions!!!

x-x-x

ohh interesting thread!!
I've just bought from sainsburys (because I like the 3 for £10 range!) and one of them is Sainsbury's Extra Lean Beef Steak Mince 600g I've always counded this as free but now I'm wondering if it is!? I've tried looking in the syn directory and cant find it. Values (per 100g) are:

Energy = 123kCals
Protein = 20.5g
Carbs 0.0g
Fat 4.5g

Pack size = 600g

ohh interesting thread!!
I've just bought from sainsburys (because I like the 3 for £10 range!) and one of them is Sainsbury's Extra Lean Beef Steak Mince 600g I've always counded this as free but now I'm wondering if it is!? I've tried looking in the syn directory and cant find it. Values (per 100g) are:

Energy = 123kCals
Protein = 20.5g
Carbs 0.0g
Fat 4.5g

Pack size = 600g

You got Extra Lean 3 for £10 :eek:

Thats amazing, mine doesn't do any extra lean, or if they do its gone when I go!!!! I'd count that as free myself.:rolleyes:

Cant see why it wouldn't be, I thought all mince was free ie turkey, pork etc as long as it was extra lean.

Unfortunately Sainsburys don't deliver to us but I'm doing a tesco shop tomorrow and shall be stocking up hopefully! Just gotta use the last 'Lean' mince in the fridge and Syn it!!!

x-x-x

So, I thought i'd just double check on the Sainsbury's ws and they say they do deliver to me! I've found a £10 off first order but the delivery is £3.50 upwards and thats waiting till tues. If I order more than £100 its free but i'd really have to super plan to justify spending that much!!!

Weird they say they do deliver to me as I always do my shopping through mysupermarket and they say they don't deliver. I think i'll believe Sainsbury's though!!!

x-x-x

ohh interesting thread!!

Energy = 123kCals
Protein = 20.5g
Carbs 0.0g
Fat 4.5g

Pack size = 600g

Yep, that one's Free. :) If it's <5% fat ie less than 5g per 100g its free. But to check I sent it through the calculator:

Free per package/portion on Extra Easy

So, I thought i'd just double check on the Sainsbury's ws and they say they do deliver to me! I've found a £10 off first order but the delivery is £3.50 upwards and thats waiting till tues. If I order more than £100 its free but i'd really have to super plan to justify spending that much!!!

Weird they say they do deliver to me as I always do my shopping through mysupermarket and they say they don't deliver. I think i'll believe Sainsbury's though!!!

x-x-x

The 3.50 delivery charge is a bit of a bummer - but I find that it actually saves me money ultimately as I dont pick up loads of stuff I don't need. The ordering on-line bit takes a while to get used to, but know I do my shopping in 10mins while I'm watching tv! x

Back