Mince

FionaMcd said:
Hi all.
What dish can Make with mince I'm little fed up
Of spag bol Chilli and burgers :)
Thanks in advance
Xxx

Curry, shepherds pie, meatballs, meatloaf.

I hear the cowboy pie from the new mag is delicious!

Make chilli.but add fat free fromage frais at thr end and warm through it makes it creamier then stuff in to large mushrooms or stuff peppers then if you like cheese add some on top and grill x

You could use it to stuff a marrow...I made a sauce from mince, onions, tomatoes (blanched, peeled, de-seeded and diced), tomato puree, beef oxo cube, salt, pepper, mushroom ketchup, garlic and smoked paprika and then I stirred in a beaten egg and some wholemeal breadcrumbs to absorb some of the liquid.

The marrow was cut into fat rings and de-seeded, then brought up to the boil in salted water (I think the salt helps to draw some of the liquid out of the marrow). The mince mixture was added to the centre of the marrow rings and any of the leftover mince mixture was put into a dish and baked in the oven with the stuffed marrow.

We served the marrow with a homemade tomato, pepper and red onion sauce and grated parmesan. Yum!

Pete’s Sloppy Joes

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Garlic, finely chopped (sff)
1 Pepper, chopped (s) (sff)
1 Tsp mixed herbs
1 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Mustard
1 Tbsp. Sweetener
1 Tbsp. Worcester sauce
1 Tbsp. Apple Vinegar
250g Low Fat Mince Beef(ff)
250mL Passata (s) (sff)
Wholemeal Baps 3.5Syn or 1xheb each

Method

In a heavy frying pan brown the mince in small batches by cooking at a high heat and allow to brown before disturbing, set aside.

Add fry Light to the pan and cook the onion, pepper & garlic for 5 mins or until transparent.

Return the mince to the pan and add the Passata, sweetener, Worcester sauce, mustard, vinegar, mixed herbs & Paprika. Mix well and allow to fully cook, adding seasoning to taste, serve in a toasted wholemeal Bap.
sloppy Joe's.jpgSloppy Joe's-2.jpg
Pete’s Chilli Con Carni (Revisited)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Red Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Chilli, deseeded & chopped (s) (sff)
1 Carrot, sliced thinly (s) (sff)
1 Knorr “Herb stockpot”
1tsp cumin
1tsp hot paprika
3 Garlic, finely chopped (sff)
250g Lean Beef Mince (ff)
300mL made with a Knorr “dark beef stockpot”
400g Chopped Tomatoes (s) (sff)
400g Red Kidney Beans (s) (ff)
Salt & Pepper

Method

In a dry frying pan cook the mince until browned, add the onions, garlic, carrot, chilli, cumin & paprika cook for 10 mins add the “herb” stockpot & allow to infuse.

Add the tomatoes & kidney beans, season with salt & pepper & ½ the beef stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a medium simmer until the liquid has reduced, add the remaining stock & reduce to a low simmer for 20 mins.

Better if taken off the heat & allowed to cool then reheated at a later time.

Chilli Con Carni.jpg

Instead of having chilli with rice you could do the Hairy Bikers tortilla bowls. Or season you mice with spices and eat with a taco shell, ff yoghurt and salsa.

I found a recipe on the SLimming Eats website called Cheeseburger Quiche. Its your standard syn free quiche, with cooked mice and HEX A of cheese, looks yummy but yet to try it :)

Back