Minimins is back.. And so am I!

Having a bit of a wobble! Why do these self-destructing thoughts circulate my mind??

So I've been eating well (today is only day 3 but still), but really feel the need to eat a load of chocolate/cake/sweets today! It's not even a craving, I just feel compelled to eat them. I'm full, just had lunch, so not hungry and am satisfied. But just keep thinking, oh I'll just have a sneaky chocolate bar, nobody would know.

Also the fact that I am going on a weekend break to Cornwall this weekend, and know that will involve drinking alcohol. Which previously has been fine in my head, I thought I can resist the food and the only 'naughty' will be alcohol. But I keep doubting myself, 'oh you'll definetly not keep to your work this weekend so you might as well eat some nice things whilst they are in the house now'

So weird how I'm trying to convince myself to eat things I shouldn't, even when I know they won't help the end goal, probably won't even taste that nice and will make me feel awful!!

The brain does work in weird ways.

Stay strong!
I have moments like that, it usually ends up me caving in and going WAY overboard :rolleyes:
But don't do it!
You know you will regret it later!
Perhaps try to find an alternative treat or do something to take your mind off it :)

Sooo I made it! I really struggled with the compulsion to eat, but just went for a long walk, then stuck to my meals and only had two small compliant snacks which I am happy about. Could have gone a totally different way! I'm actually sooo happy now I think of it, 3 days of no chocolate doesn't sound much but it's the longest I have gone without it in a long time. I also overcame one of my triggers today - I went food shopping! I don't know why, but food shopping is a real trigger for me. It doesn't seem like I can ever go without getting a treat, usually to eat in the car/on my own. But we went today, I bought just the things on my list, and left. Don't get me wrong, I did argue with myself about things (chocolate covered raisins.. banana chips.. they're still fruit though, right?) but success!

Breakfast: fried eggs with grilled chicken and mixed veg
Lunch: massive salad again! with ham today.
Dinner: we ended up going out for dinner with some friends, and there was hardly anything healthy on the menu! (local cafe) so I ended up having bean and lentil chilli but with veg instead of rice.
I also had a snack of an apple and some blueberries. So not great on the no snacking, but they were definitely in the place of some dreadful binges! So good for me.

Haha sorry it sound's like I'm so blowing my own horn. But I don't care, I started this blog to express my feelings, good and bad!
Hope everyone else had a great day x

Stay strong!
I have moments like that, it usually ends up me caving in and going WAY overboard :rolleyes:
But don't do it!
You know you will regret it later!
Perhaps try to find an alternative treat or do something to take your mind off it :)

Thank you Zafira! I am exactly the same, when I 'ruin' my diet (aka do one small thing to ruin it) I think oh to hell with it and eat everything in sight! I ended up going for a walk thank you :)

I have read all your diary so far and I've laughed, felt a bit upset and nodded in agreement. I am so like you when it comes to blips (as I now call them lol). I will go slightly off plan then think stuff it may as well eat all I can and like yourself before you started would eat for the sake of it even food I didn't particularly like such as dark chocolate. Some people may scoff but food can have an emotional attachment to a person. I've done Sw for 6 year's now but if I get stressed or angry I will reach for nearest thing going. Its like a drug that you can't kick away. I try to have free or low syn snacks about now.Did see a good idea once that said bag up choc to a syn value of 5 or 10 then put in a tin so if u fancy some it's there and already measured.
Anyway good luck with your weight loss journey x always on if u want to chat

Another day done and dusted! Feeling goooooood. Haven't had as many compulsions to eat things I shouldn't today, but I've been busy which is probably the key. I had big brother to catch up on! Such a guilty pleasure, I don't know why because I hate all the other reality TV. And I just love Emma Willis, she's fab.

Breakfast: Sausages with mixed boiled veg
Lunch: Big salad again, same as yesterday with ham, and an apple
Dinner: homemade chilli with roasted carrots - strange combination as we didn't have much veg in, but surpassingly tasty - and grapes

I have read all your diary so far and I've laughed, felt a bit upset and nodded in agreement. I am so like you when it comes to blips (as I now call them lol). I will go slightly off plan then think stuff it may as well eat all I can and like yourself before you started would eat for the sake of it even food I didn't particularly like such as dark chocolate. Some people may scoff but food can have an emotional attachment to a person. I've done Sw for 6 year's now but if I get stressed or angry I will reach for nearest thing going. Its like a drug that you can't kick away. I try to have free or low syn snacks about now.Did see a good idea once that said bag up choc to a syn value of 5 or 10 then put in a tin so if u fancy some it's there and already measured.
Anyway good luck with your weight loss journey x always on if u want to chat

That's such a nice post to read - sometimes you think your the only person in the world having these weird obsessions and emotional connections with food. And great idea about portioning out the chocolates! At the minute I'm trying not to eat it at all to stop my sugar cravings, but when I do again I'll defiantly start that. You've done really well! I think we started around the same weight from the looks of your signature, so hopefully we can do this together :)

Another day done and dusted! Feeling goooooood. Haven't had as many compulsions to eat things I shouldn't today, but I've been busy which is probably the key. I had big brother to catch up on! Such a guilty pleasure, I don't know why because I hate all the other reality TV. And I just love Emma Willis, she's fab.

Breakfast: Sausages with mixed boiled veg
Lunch: Big salad again, same as yesterday with ham, and an apple
Dinner: homemade chilli with roasted carrots - strange combination as we didn't have much veg in, but surpassingly tasty - and grapes

That's such a nice post to read - sometimes you think your the only person in the world having these weird obsessions and emotional connections with food. And great idea about portioning out the chocolates! At the minute I'm trying not to eat it at all to stop my sugar cravings, but when I do again I'll defiantly start that. You've done really well! I think we started around the same weight from the looks of your signature, so hopefully we can do this together :)

It was the main reason why I stopped and read through your diary, reminded me so much of myself :D

Yes if you still having sugar cravings, it may be wise to stay clear for a bit lol How about a options hot choc, 2 syns and usually kerbs my need for choc xx

Of course we can do this together, will help each other and keep each other motivated xx Have you looked at my diary, link is at bottom of my signature xx

hello miss 14 you sound like your in the zone now and good luck

Completely went off it! :(:mad:

So went away for the weekend with some friends, and before I'd even left I was already in 'holiday mode' eating everything I know I probably shouldn't really. Spend the weekend eating and drinking, and had a great time. That should have been fine, ok maybe not the best but after the weekend was over should have gotten back on the wagon. But just couldn't. Every night I'd tell myself that tomorrow was the day, then as soon as one little thing went wrong (got stressed, or ate one less healthy thing) I reverted back and ate loads. More than I ever needed, and even wanted in some of the cases. So that went on for two weeks.

So now, at probably bigger than I was post-christmas, here I am once again. Starting fresh. And I thought this would be a sure fire way to get me motivated! Such lovely comments from people on this website really do make the difference.

So I started today well, have been to the gym and had two healthy meals. Will update later.

Completely went off it! :(:mad:

So went away for the weekend with some friends, and before I'd even left I was already in 'holiday mode' eating everything I know I probably shouldn't really. Spend the weekend eating and drinking, and had a great time. That should have been fine, ok maybe not the best but after the weekend was over should have gotten back on the wagon. But just couldn't. Every night I'd tell myself that tomorrow was the day, then as soon as one little thing went wrong (got stressed, or ate one less healthy thing) I reverted back and ate loads. More than I ever needed, and even wanted in some of the cases. So that went on for two weeks.

So now, at probably bigger than I was post-christmas, here I am once again. Starting fresh. And I thought this would be a sure fire way to get me motivated! Such lovely comments from people on this website really do make the difference.

So I started today well, have been to the gym and had two healthy meals. Will update later.
You are back on it,that's what matters x

your back on it and thats what matters x x

Back