Misheard Song Lyrics!

Dom1979

Gold Member
I am terrible for getting the words to songs totally wrong! At the weekend, I was mocked and laughed at for singing the lyrics to Madonna's new song as 'We've got 24 minutes to save the world', I mean, the song's called 4 minutes, that should have given me a clue, but no :eek:.

Also, until I was 23, I thought the words to 'Pump up the volume' were 'Pump up the volume, pump up the volume, pump up the volume, Des, Des', without a thought to who Des is and why he is being asked to pump up the volume :eek:!

My nanna thought that Adam Ant was encouraging people to 'Stand, on your liver', so it's obviously a familial trait!

What misheard song lyrics have you got yourself mocked for? Or is it just me?!!!

LOL this made me laugh - my best one although I can't remember the name of the song when someone said " your names not Dan, your not coming in" I thought for years it was meant for someone called Dan. Worse still, im a londoner and was born in Dulwich, Lived in Peckham, so you think i would have realised this lol.

My son, when he was about 4, went to a birthday party. When I asked him what he had done there, he said he had "danced". I asked what to and he said "Wake me up before your cocoa" I loved it - bless x x x

I remember having an argument with my sister when i was really young because she thought the lyrics to band aid were "breath air whoaaaaa" she was gutted when we saw the lyrics in Top of the Pops mag

I remember having an argument with my sister when i was really young because she thought the lyrics to band aid were "breath air whoaaaaa" she was gutted when we saw the lyrics in Top of the Pops mag

LOL, my little sister, who is 16, thought the words were 'Fever, wooooooah'!!!!

Eagle Eye Cherry - Save tonight

Save tonight
And fight the break of dawn
Come tomorrow
Tomorrow I'll be gone

I used to sing Come to my room, tomorrow i'll be gone! :eek::D

Back