mix a mousse

cheekychick81

Gold Member
hey
can anyone tell me the best formula for making mousse please...

1 scoop of mix a mousse to 1 shake, mix together dry. Tip into 150 ml to 250 ml of cold water and blast with a hand blender for about a minute, pour into a bowl and leave to set in the fridge.

What Foosey said, but keep your water in the fridge, helps it set much quicker.

thank you.
my hand blender is at work can i do it in my blender?

I do mine in a blender - turns out fine, 1 scoop of mousse always 250ml of cold water (I have a couple of sweetners in mine as well) xx;););) LUSH! xxxxxx

next question...... how long will my mousse take to set???

Echo what everyone else said although I like mine set hard so I only use 150ml of fridge cold water and put in the freezer to set. I use a hand blender as I wouldn't want to waste any stuck around the side of a large blender ;-)

I'm going to recommend something slightly different - it's always worked for me.

Put 150ml-200ml of water in the blender cup thingy - and put it in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. Obviously you don't want the water to freeze, but the ideal 'coldness' is where you see ice crystals just beginning to form on the surface of the water.

Put a scoop of mix-a-mousse in the packet of shake and mix the two together. Then pour the contents into the cold water and blend.

Now this bit is more important than you might think - you need to blend the stuff for at least a minute (my only disasters have happened where I've forgotten to blend it for long enough :))

It'll set in 5 minutes or so if you pop it in the fridge (I have been known to pop it in the freezer when I'm really hungry!)

Et voila - perfect mousse. :D Enjoy!

I have to say, my secret is a really good hand blender and blend it for at least a minute- it should be so airy, almost double in size! Then, in the fridge/freezer as everyone's said b4 :D

thanks everyone!! ill be trying all those tips. i made one tonight which was in the fridge for ages, didnt seem to set brilliantly so i stuck it in the freezer for a bit... i was edible but not particularly enjoyable!!

better luck next time lol

Back