mmmm pizza!

my dad had a go at making the smash pizza when i was at work, as my mum does slimming world too.

he made the base really thin and when i got in from work i tried a slice. one slice turned into a whole pizza, so that was my dinner. i can honestly say it was bloody lovely. much better than my attempt and it doesn't leave that bloated "i've got a ball of dough in my stomach" feeling that normal pizza leaves.

taz i know what you mean - but i do fantasise about pizza at least twice a week! lol ...but i always feel like rough after eating one and am a bit like a zombie the next day.

I used to really get the pizza craving but I don't now. I don't think I will try the free one as that will probably only get my interest back in real ones

hmmmm yeahhh sounds like its worth a shot

have taken a copy of the recipe to try cheers!! are all smash varietys free?? think i have a tub in the cupboard (better check date first tho!!) xx

I make free pizza using 1 HexB and 1 HexA using Asda wholemeal pitta breads passata garlic granules oregano and 42g of low fat cheese and whatever toppings you like they are gorgeous even my 19 year old son who is at Uni phoned me last week to ask me what he needed to buy to make them himself! on a green or red day you could even splash out and use both HexBs and have 2 just share the cheese between them

ive heard about the syn free pizza but never found myself confident enuff to cook it in case base melted lol will give it a go tho - wish me luck lol

oh i have to agree i HATE sorry :mad: :mad: DETEST smash but oh WOW!!! it was YUM YUM YUM!! I made the base using smash ground garlic and some parsley and then mixed a teaspoon of tomato puree with some soy sauce, chilli powder, and black pepper - couldnt taste the chili but it was really tomatoey then i topped it with mushrooms, bacon, sweetcorn, tomato, onion and cooked it in the oven. It all fell apart but was gorg! And I couldnt even eat it all.

I would agree that you need to make the base really thin (like about 0.5 cm or less as mine was too thick and was less than cm)

But def dont judge it by the fact that you may hate smash :D

Back