Moonwatcher's JUDDD diary

Best of luck!!! X x

Thanks Kellmo. It is a fantastic school - just have to prove it to 'em! The last two inspections have been outstanding across the board, so a lot to live up to!

I suppose, under the circumstances I should have typed 'One acronym: OFSTED' instead of 'One word'. :cool:

Thanks Kellmo. It is a fantastic school - just have to prove it to 'em! The last two inspections have been outstanding across the board, so a lot to live up to!

I suppose, under the circumstances I should have typed 'One acronym: OFSTED' instead of 'One word'. :cool:

I got observed last November as a HLTA teaching phonics to lower ability year 2 group. I was so nervous I could feel my heart pounding all over my body! I got a 1 though so I obviously hid it very well!

Are you in primary or high school?
I really do feel your pain/panic xxxx

Never had much success with coconut flour for bread recipes, almond flour works great with golden flax though and a little bit of arrowroot and some seeds, that was the loaf of choice in this house prior to our move (when I had an actual kitchen) Coconut flour does make great muffins though and almond flour makes a great cheesecake base although I found cook it first than crumble it like you would digestive biccies and then add melted butter to whack it together again! I do miss low carb cooking, sure DH does as well!!

I got observed last November as a HLTA teaching phonics to lower ability year 2 group. I was so nervous I could feel my heart pounding all over my body! I got a 1 though so I obviously hid it very well!

Are you in primary or high school?
I really do feel your pain/panic xxxx

Well done you on getting a 1. I'm in a high school/college as an LSA. They are scary aren't they? To be fair 3 out of our 4 were really pleasant. Not sure if the fourth one was actually human though! The result is all top secret until published so can't say too much, but we were pleased enough!

Good luck! :)

Thanks Frona - in one piece, but totally knackered today!

Never had much success with coconut flour for bread recipes, almond flour works great with golden flax though and a little bit of arrowroot and some seeds, that was the loaf of choice in this house prior to our move (when I had an actual kitchen) Coconut flour does make great muffins though and almond flour makes a great cheesecake base although I found cook it first than crumble it like you would digestive biccies and then add melted butter to whack it together again! I do miss low carb cooking, sure DH does as well!!

Thanks for those hints LW. The almond/coconut is expensive stuff to experiment with so a few bits of advice based on experience are always handy.

Hope you survive OFSTED unscathed.

Thanks. We're all still in one piece - just, although everyone was very tired at school yesterday -once the adrenaline went!

Despite the visit from the O team I have managed to stick to the 'Atkins-ing' with just one tiny blip yesterday afternoon. We all gathered at school for a post -O debrief and drinks/nibbles. I helped myself to a no sugar cloudy lemonade and took it to a table with no goodies on. Then they plonked dishes of twiglets and cheese tortilla chips down! After two days of Ofsted and a really hard afternoon with a troublesome Aspergic pupil I very nearly caved completely. I did have about four twiglets and two small pieces of tortilla, but managed to stop there, so no harm done, I'm sure.

Dinner last night was pulled pork ('brined' overnight in spices and then slow roasted to yumminess) in 2 'oopsie rolls' with salad, gherkin and smoked feta. The rolls are egg, flax and cream cheese based again, but with a lot less flax - a bit soft, but they did the job.

Honestly cannot tell you what I have had to eat the last few days - OH cooked a chicken and sugar snap pea stir fry the other night, but the rest is a bit of a daze! I have been on plan though. WI isn't until tomorrow, but a sneaky peak this morning shows 14st 7.2lbs - hoping today can knock that 0.2 off for tomorrow which will give me a two pound loss this week - 8.2 lbs for the first two induction weeks. Fingers crossed, plenty of water and an afternoon walk at the coast today to send it on its way!

Still in bed at the moment - shame on me! Shower next and then out to the seaside for a totally legal bacon and egg brunch, then the walk. Jerk pork tonight with the pork leftovers. Roast beef tomorrow. Here's to the 13s!

Very pleased to hear that offsted went reasonably well and you managed to stick to plan while it was going on. No mean feat at all!

Pulled pork sounds divine. I love slow roasted pork and have been meaning to make a bbq pulled pork for months but haven't got around to it yet. I think i've got into the habit of fairly quick and lazy sunday food, either because we have been out walking all day and need something quick or because we have been at home and decided to spend the day in bed under a duvet watching football and so need something fairly quick too to avoid OH persuading me that sunday night takeaway pizza is the way to go (it sometimes doesn't take that much persuading ;) ).

Fingers crossed for weigh in tomorrow. Your results are so impressive and the food you are eating sounds really nice and accessible. I've said before when I looked at a lot of Atkins or low carb diaries alot of the food seemed a little odd, not while one of the meals in a day would be appealing the rest seemed a bit random. My weight has crept up by 5 or lbs since last November when I got to my lowest and I really really want to get into the 12s but it just doesn't seem that achievable at the moment :/ What is the rebound effect like with Atkins? I am presuming there are large gains once you go back to eating carbs again but is that likely to be the whole amount you have lost or just a few lbs? *contemplating*

Glad you're pleased... They are extremely scary and intimidating and just surviving an Ofsted means you should be able to celebrate!! Well done on sticking to plan and losing weight too - you superhero!

Very pleased to hear that offsted went reasonably well and you managed to stick to plan while it was going on. No mean feat at all!

Pulled pork sounds divine. I love slow roasted pork and have been meaning to make a bbq pulled pork for months but haven't got around to it yet. I think i've got into the habit of fairly quick and lazy sunday food, either because we have been out walking all day and need something quick or because we have been at home and decided to spend the day in bed under a duvet watching football and so need something fairly quick too to avoid OH persuading me that sunday night takeaway pizza is the way to go (it sometimes doesn't take that much persuading ;) ).

Fingers crossed for weigh in tomorrow. Your results are so impressive and the food you are eating sounds really nice and accessible. I've said before when I looked at a lot of Atkins or low carb diaries alot of the food seemed a little odd, not while one of the meals in a day would be appealing the rest seemed a bit random. My weight has crept up by 5 or lbs since last November when I got to my lowest and I really really want to get into the 12s but it just doesn't seem that achievable at the moment :/ What is the rebound effect like with Atkins? I am presuming there are large gains once you go back to eating carbs again but is that likely to be the whole amount you have lost or just a few lbs? *contemplating*

There is a gradual increase in carbs built into the Atkins programme, so the idea is that you gradually increase your carbs up to your personal level which still allows you to lose, then up again to your own personal maintenance level. I've never actually got to the maintenance level, but I would think there is a gradual change from losing to maintaining, without a big gain IF you follow it properly. If you switch straight from a low carb intake back to 'normal' or high carb then there is a pretty big rebound, from what I've heard/read. For me though with giving up the wheat anyway, I'm partway there to being 'permanently low carb.' I have felt soooo much better since cutting down the carbs/wheat - no stomach pains for about a week to 10 days now, so I think for me a certain degree of low carb will be the norm if I want to feel well, but not necessarily by staying on Atkins. For now though I am very happy sticking with it - not tempted at all today at the coast, either by chips or ice-cream!

Edited to add - have heard that the rebound can be 2 - 7 pounds on pretty quickly, although that apparently goes quite quickly again if you get back on track.

I have decided to 'pause' this diary for the moment and post into my Atkins diary instead. It seems to make sense as I am 'strictly' Atkins at the moment. I have been posting in both but find I keep forgetting what I have posted where! I would love to 'see' any of you over in my Atkins diary (link below in my signature) if you would still like to chat. Will be posting some pics there later this evening.

I will keep popping into the diaries I am subscribed to just the same. This last week I'm afraid I have been reading and running a bit, but hope to catch up properly with everyone over the next few days.

Back