More water drank the better the weight loss

In a word - no. The phrase 'the more you drink the more you shrink' used to be banded about a lot but its not true. So much so I believe Cambridge actually came out and said so.

People who drink the recommended water intake on a VLCD have just as good losses as those who drink a lot more.

hmm i need more than the 2.5 ltrs to get a good loss but not above 5. i usually have 3-4 ltrs. most of the time i just drink when i want it which is often these days

I find it really hard to get the water down partly cause I don't like it and partly cause I'm working in the community and it's not that easy to find a loo!! However, when I have drunk the recommend amount I've had good losses and when I don't (like last week) I don't (I lost a pound). I've neva drunk more so I don't know but I do know u need to drink at least the recommend amount to see good losses every week. Hope that helps x

If you want the diet to work as best as possible, you need to drink the minimum recommended amount. Your body needs it to flush out ketones, etc. :)

I drink a bit more than the 4 pints a day because I only have tetras and I'm taller than average. And my losses so far are good :)

Ruthy I am bad with the water too and have a few brews with skimmed milk in to top up my fluid intake and that seems to help. Small bottles see, to go down better and if you can have to in a morning say on way to work the in ur car your nearly half way. I was a community nurse and I feel ur pain re the weeing though lol xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've done this diet a few times now and my losses have been about 0.5 lbs a week less when I drink the Cambridge recommended minimum. After a 4-5 week plateau where I only lost 7lbs my CWPC advised me to go up to 4 litres like we used to on Lighter Life. Result? Weight has started falling off.

So no - I wouldn't say 'the more you drink, the more you shrink' but drink at least 3.5 litres and maybe a bit more if you want to keep the weightloss consistent.

Back