Motivation gone - tips please!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by clairedebear, 18 January 2010 Social URL.

1. clairedebear

clairedebear clairedebeardekins

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I have totally lost my slimming world motivation - have been really really bad these past few days :(

Things arent going well at work - am not happy and I think that I am under performing - so when I am unhappy I eat!

Anybody got any tips for me? I have still got a good stone to loose before I get down to a reasonable weight!

Thank you

Claire

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mrs LAC

Mrs LAC Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(9.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just try to put the last few days behind you and start again tomorrow. Make sure you have lots of healthy stuff in the house to snack on and know your 'danger times'. My 'danger time' is between leaving work and getting my tea - I'm so hungry I could eat everything in sight! Now I make sure I've got Alpen Light bars and fruit/carrot sticks to eat in the car while I'm driving home.

And just as you say at the bottom of your message - Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels! - I always remember that when I'm wavering a bit!!!!

4. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think you know you're just going round in a circle.

Ok so maybe you can't change the problems at work, but you can change how you feel about what you eat. Try & eat within the SW plan, you've got 15 syns per day, use them. Try & think how good you will feel about yourself when you realise how you've stayed within the SW plan even though work isn't too good.

Eating the wrong foods & gaining weight will just make everything seem so much worse. I know it's easy for me to say, but plan your meals for tomorrow, think about the nice things you want to eat inc syns & stick to it. At the end of the day you will be so proud of yourself.

Hope all goes well soon :)

5. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    My tip is get your head right... would you prefer chocolate (or whatever your "bad" passion is) or being slim. If it's chocolate, in abundance, you can't be slim.
    You really can't have your cake and eat it, so you really need to decide what it is you want!

6. clairedebear

clairedebear clairedebeardekins

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thank you everyone! New day from tomorrow - new start!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.