Motivation needed!

Ajd18

Hi all,

I’ve been on CWP for just over 3 weeks now and managed to lose around 1st 3lb but having a really rubbish day and want some grease! Whenever I’m feeling like I need a bit of motivation I come and read posts on here from all of you who are so supportive of one another so thought I would join you all! I’m so so tempted to just have a packet of crisps, or just anything to crunch! That’s savoury!

Had the peanut crunch bar for breakfast and had to bin it - few things I don’t like on the diet but that was one of them!

I read somewhere about making crisps with the soup?? Has anyone done this and are they good?

Welcome Ajd18 and well done on losing 1st 3lbs in three weeks, that’s fantastic:0clapper:

I had to laugh when I read that all you want is some grease:classic_big_grin:

While the grease won’t take you out of ketosis, the crisps will...not worth it when you are doing so well.

I have never made the crisps with the soup...there is an old thread about with recipes on it...I will have a look to see can I find it for you.:classic_smile:

Peanut crunch bar was my favourite...just drooling here thinking about it:classic_roll_eyes:

Thank you so much! I made the crisps tonight and actually they were really really good!! I managed to resist and feeling so much better about not caving!

The grease craving has gone for another day! :)

Thank you so much! I made the crisps tonight and actually they were really really good!! I managed to resist and feeling so much better about not caving!

The grease craving has gone for another day! :)
That’s great that they turned out well...another day done and dusted:classic_smile:

I sympathise with the salty snack craving! I'm doing Exante which is very similar to Cambridge. The protein snacks they do are a real help when the urge becomes too much. You can get them online without following the whole diet and they don't affect ketosis. Just make sure to hide them away so you don't eat 10 packs a day - been there 🙈🙈🙈

Oh that’s good to know thank you! I find most days I’m ok but yesterday I really dropped my water intake and had barely any - it makes such a massive difference to those hunger levels! Woken up this morning and back on the water, had my breakfast and not feeling hungry at all again. Doesn’t help having little ones who are constantly munching on food of some sort! Will look into the protein snacks!

I'm lucky that I live with my adult son who is a chef and mostly eats at work so we don't have any food in the house other than fish, chicken and veg 😂 having kid's snacks around must be so difficult! The closest shop is either a drive or 40 minute round trip walk on a steep hill which, in 40 degrees heat, is enough to put off any snack grabbing lol.

It is very tempting at times! I blame half of my weight gain but not liking seeing leftover food on there plate! One of those mums...!! Just an excuse to eat!

Not sure how I would cope with a chef! All that lovely food he could cook! Although suppose he has had enough of cooking by the time he gets home!

I have upped the water intake today, I can’t believe what a difference it makes to those cravings. That really is the key ingredient to successful weight loss isn’t it!

Must.keep.drinking!

I sympathise with the salty snack craving! I'm doing Exante which is very similar to Cambridge. The protein snacks they do are a real help when the urge becomes too much. You can get them online without following the whole diet and they don't affect ketosis. Just make sure to hide them away so you don't eat 10 packs a day - been there 🙈🙈🙈

Salty snacks ..... me too! Actually, I don't crave them. I just miss them. On Phase I of Alevere, there are some products you can have a max of 3 a week total. These include the bars and the salty soya crisps. If I had a box of soya crisps, I think i would find them compelling wherever I'd hidden them. Funny - I can ignore my husband's regular ones. Usually he takes them out of the kitchen - but I noticed he didn't this week - and I left them alone.

So when I collect my sachets, I also buy one bag only! It's my "sachet" for the long drive home!

I think I'll have something high protein crispy in my maintenance diet - not crsips - either a protein snack or maybe crackling!

Ooh crackling! Now that is good. Yes I fear I would be the same if I had a box of those that you’re allowed! Your husband is very good taking his crisps out though. I’m a big walkers salt and vinegar fan - I could eat a multipack of those! Any crisps in fact!!

We have everything almost within view but I finish work first so usually feeding the children dinner and dessert etc - resisting so far. Day 28 now - not sure whether it gets easier or harder from here?! Although, I’ve not struggled too much so far other than the other day when I wrote this initial post. That was the hardest so far!

The first step is the hardest. Then I get into a rhythm - and don't even think about it. I think it's important to get into the mind set of "this is my new normal" - rather than thinking about what is off the menu. I definitely don't think about how long I'll be shedding weight (through to December or maybe January). I'd find that overwhelming.

I do get my husband to remove anything that's calling to me. In fact I asked him to do that when I was on keto. So he took his Carrs Cheese Melts to his study! We also changed our shopping habits - so we don't have sweet biscuits in the house. I also put some things in different cupboards - so I can't open a cupboard on autopilot and see something I used to binge on. So the nuts are now kept in the cupboard under the stairs. That's enough for me to leave them alone.

In fact in 2012, I never went back to eating bread daily and still drink my coffee black.

That’s funny you mention black coffee - I have milk in tea no sugar but always had milky coffee and 2 sugars! Week 2 of drinking black coffee now which I never liked and I now don’t know how I had it so sweet! And milky!

That’s a good idea with moving it from the obvious places - I keep my sachets in the same cupboard as the children’s ‘junk’ bowl which is full of chocolate and crisps and sweets - all things naughty. You’ve just made me realise that probably wasn’t the most sensible option!!

As for the shopping, I’ve stopped doing that entirely! I let my partner sort him and the kids out with shopping! I don’t think I could do it without buying myself a treat!

I sometimes have a drop or two of vanilla essence (not on my plan!) & sweetener. My favourite is erythritol - bought on amazon. it's like Xylitol, but less likely to give you the runs and lower GI.

My soon to be X stopped drinking milk to see if no cheese/milk would help with his sinuses (as suggested by another woman). It didn't - but he no longer likes milk in his coffee! Funny as he always like a good milk - like a Jersey gold top.

i actually had a drop of skimmed milk in my coffee tonight (which I’m now regretting having the coffee so late - hence the late night reply!!) and I quite enjoyed it after weeks of black coffee!!

I hadn’t really thought about sweeteners but I recall my consultant saying that sweeteners are fine on CWP so maybe I’ll get some of those.

It’s the breath that gets me though on these diets! It’s terrible!! 😂 doesn’t matter how much mint spray I have or how many times I clean my teeth, still awful I’m sure! I actually openly apologise to people now in advance! 😂

One thing that is a small concern, a friend of mine did this diet and said that you bloat out as soon as you eat ‘normal’ food again and can’t shift it, I thought as long as you kept the water up and made sensible food options surely it’s down to that that’ll result in bloat or not? Not sure if anyone else has experienced that? I did challenge that comment with the sensible food and water etc but she still seems to think regardless of what you do, you end up bloating?

Potential for bloating. It's having foods you haven't eaten for a long while and the glycogen. It's essential to follow the recommendations of yr diet provider on how to move through the phases to maintainance.

Or decide to eat keto the rest of yr life - which means low carbs (20g-100g depending on yr sensitivty), medium protein and higher fats.

Back