Mousse

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by westiegirl, 28 June 2008 Social URL.

1. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Does anyone know if I can make a mousse using supercook gelatine? I misjudged how much was left in my MAM pot and didn't buy any at my CDCs this week :(

I use the Supercook to make jelly at the weekends and put my pack on top to make a trifle. The granules don't look very appetising for adding to packs - they look like they won't mix very well.

I'm gutted because the trifle was going to get me through the weekend (I always struggle and have given in to protein the last 2 weekends). This weekend I plan to be 100% and there is just so much trifle it was my masterplan lol. :cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jennikay

jennikay Gold Member

As far as I can tell its exactly the same, but MAM doesn't require boiling water.

1 sachet supercook gelatine = 2 scoops MAM.

When I've finished my MAM I won't be getting any more as it's so expensive!

What I'd do is, mix the gelatine with boiling water, then with freezing cold water make it up to 150ml or whatever you normally use, then add the pack.

HTH, let me know how it goes :)

4. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Thank you so much for that. :D

I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow (I had enough only for today and not for 2 lots, as I thought).

5. bindiboo

bindiboo Hi its me again

Start Weight:
    15st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(7.03%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I use supercook gelatine now, it sets much better. My cdc uses it too. I couldnt get by without my cd jelly, helps with the water intake too.

6. misheemoo

misheemoo Full Member

how do u make a trifle with gelatine instead of mam? what does hth mean? x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.