Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Move group with Countdown??

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by flabbybumbum, 1 June 2010 Social URL.

1. flabbybumbum

flabbybumbum On a mission

Start Weight:
    24st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(20.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World & Xenical
    Hi

Sorry if there is a thread on this somewhere, but i cant seem to find?
    Does anyone know if you can move groups when you have purchased a countdown??

Thanks in anticipation!:)
    xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.33%)
    Hmmmm not sure. With the new electronic system I guess this would be much easier as your card will say you're on the countdown x

4. IanH

IanH Silver Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Lost(%):
    15st11.5lb(57.31%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World (but it ain't a diet)
    Yes - with or without being on express weigh - though it makes it easier if both groups are. It may be a little difficult though to go from an express weigh group to a non-express weigh - but non-express weigh groups are becomming fewer and fewer now.

Assuming both groups are express weigh - nothing stopping you.

If your current group is not express weigh - and you don't have your countdown vouchers yourself - then you'll need to request these from the consultant you are moving from.

If you are at an express weigh group and going to a non express weigh group - the two consultants probably need to talk to each other.

5. Lenlu

Lenlu Just keep slimming....

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What is a countdown course? Is it just cheaper or do you have to have a target? Is there somewhere I can read all the terms and conditions? Things like holidays etc were never explained to me? Also what difference is it as I ticked the 'shift work' box?

6. IanH

IanH Silver Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Lost(%):
    15st11.5lb(57.31%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World (but it ain't a diet)
    If you are a shiftworker - then countdowns are not for you.

Countdowns are there as a commitment to go to group every week - minus any holiday weeks you may have. You pay for 5 and get 6 weeks, or pay for 10 and get 12 weeks - so a small saving there. The idea is that it's an incentive to ensure you go each of those 6/12 weeks and hopefully then an incentive to stick on plan. And it does work - i've done countdowns for all of my 18months - except the last 3 weigh-ins due to being near to target.

Holidays - you're allowed 6 explained absences (holidays/sick) a year where you don't pay - otherwise a missed week should be paid for as back fees (though if you miss more then 2 in succession - it is cheaper to rejoin - but you do loose all your weight loss history).

Being a shift worker means you can't make every group due to shifts and as such shouldn't have this taken from yoru holiday entitlement - hence why countdowns aren't designed for shiftworkers.

Hope that helped.

7. Lenlu

Lenlu Just keep slimming....

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks ian!! I'm on mat leave at the moment so might try one of these countdowns!! After my holiday next week though!!

8. flabbybumbum

flabbybumbum On a mission

Start Weight:
    24st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(20.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World & Xenical
    :thankyou:Thanks everyone for your replies.
    Yes, I am on the electronic system (Im sorry but I fail to see whats 'express' about it lol...it takes much longer IMO!!)
    Anyway, have told my SW consultant and she has said thats no prob, the group i am moving to is electronic too. So, Im pleased about that coz it means I can move now rather than in 7 weeks time.
    I agree, countdowns are the way to go and have done them always....save almost a tenner each time now so cant be sniffed at.
    Well done evryone on your fantastic weight losses...keep up the good work....here's to SW! :happy096:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.