Mrs.jk diary... another 2lbs gone :)

mrs.jk

will beat the bulge!!
I might aswell jump on the band wagon and start one it may help :D

Well 7 years ago after having my daughter I was a size 12 but instead of going back to normal eating habits after giving birth, I carried on eating for 2 and within a year I had gained a stone then another then another, I did lose 2 stone roughly 4 years ago but then rapidly gained it again and have gained approximately a stone for every year in the last 4 years so after weighing 10st 7 years ago I am now nearing in on the 15st mark which is heartbreaking and extremely depressing :rolleyes::8855:

I have decided this year is the year, I was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and polycystic ovaries which have both affected my health dramatically, especially because my husband and I have been ttc for nearly 4 years after suffering a series of miscarriages over the years.
So after a telling off from family, friends and my doctor I have decided I have to take action as my body just doesn't seem to have the strength to cope with my weight with health problem after health problem all due to myself being overweight and at a young age of 24 I don't want to spend my days tired, miserable and feeling rotten I should be full of life! :sigh:

After trying numerous popular diets ww/sw etc I have decided to try good old healthy eating and exercise to get to my first goal of 11st by the 1st November 2009 ready for my sisters wedding. I would still like to lose another stone after that to be a more healthy 10st but I want to be realistic and 11st seems a reasonable weight to be to improve my health dramatically.

So here goes, I will keep posting my progress and hopefully get to my goal :D

Last edited:
good luck. maybe with the changes you might find yourself preggars before the year is out!

Good luck, you can do it xxx

Thanks muchly girls I appreciate your words of support and I too hope if I stick to this and my health improves I will be able to conceive which would be fab :)
Today has gone well my hubby cooked a roast dinner and I asked only for a small portion with no chicken skin and only 2 roast potatoes and even with that small portion I was stuffed so it goes to show when I had huge portions I would stuff myself silly so as not to waste food.
I am going to start doing some exercise tomorrow when my daughter is back at school.. I am NOT looking forward to that haha
And I have lost 4lbs so far I weighed myself this evening!! yay

Last edited:
Well I'm 4 days in and all is going well, I have gone back to point tracking with ww from home to keep me inline and so I can track what I am eating and how much.
My big problem at the minute is exercise I just have no enthusiasm for it and I promised myself I would exercise today but I'm so lazy and constantly find excuses not to. So my next big plan of action is to force myself into exercising ATLEAST 3 days a week to get my backside moving!!
I'm dead chuffed with my 4lbs loss this week, I'm actually looking forward to my next weigh in on sunday :)

Thanks shelbell :) xxxx

Sounds like you're doing well! Keep going xx

Thanx hun :)

No ofcourse not :) Thank you I do hope we do then I can get fat again haha

Well day 5 is down and all is going well :)
I'm managing to stick to it and not give in to temptation but I am finding myself hungry during the day despite having my snacks of fruit.
I did 45 minutes of exercise today 15 minutes Charlie Brooks dvd and 30 minutes Rosemary Connelly salsacise dvd
I have borrowed my friends wii fit for a few weeks so I am going to use that tomorrow and for the rest of the week as it's something I actually enjoy, I keep looking around for one but they're sold out everywhere still :(

My next weigh in day is sunday hun :) I used to have it on a thursday when I actually went to meetings but the then found myself being naughty on the weekends cos I'd have the whole week to work it off so I thought if I had my weigh in on a sunday it would encourage me to be good lol

Well day 7 1 WEEK DOWN haha
All is going wellI haven't waivered but it's early days yet, I am now starting to really crave all the things I love the most which are generally all the foods that are bad for me which is what I always do second week in and then it goes from bad to worse and I give up :(
But I am sooo determined to do this!!!! I have woken up this morning sore and tired but I am going to push myself to exercise today, I was looking forward to weigh in but am now dreading it, I'm one of those people that is really hard on herself if I don't do everything just right and I want to lose it all straight away and wake up thin but I know thats just ridiculous, basically I don't want to work for my weight loss I just want to be able to eat what I want and not exercise and become thin haha thats why I always give in cos it doesn't happen fast enough for me and I get so mad at myself for thinking that way :(

You know I used to be like that, but I'm at the stage where I think. Okay, I give in, it will come off slowly. I posted something ages ago, somewhere, can't remember where about being like this for the rest of my life. You know, having to watch what I eat and not eating exactly what I like. But I kinda had a light bulb moment when I was a way for a weekend recently. I did eat what I liked, but I did it in moderation. And believe me I have NEVER done this in my life. Anyway, sorry for going on a bit of a ramble. Just wanted you to know that it will come xxx

Thank you I hope I get to that point I am starting to but can't say 100% that I am there yet :)

Well weigh in today and I've lost another 2lbs :) so 7lbs gone now :) I'm dead chuffed xx
Last week was a hard week I was really craving all the things I shouldn't eat but I perservered and now the cravings don't seem as bad and seem to be going away which is good :), my hubby suggested we had a sausage and egg sandwich for brekkie this morning but I refused which I NEVER woulod of done before now on any diet :) I've stuck to my points and some days been a few points under so have been able to have a glass of wine or beer the next night.
I took pics 2 weeks ago of myself and my hubby took them again today and the size of my tummy is considerably different I must of been so bloated from all the crap I had been eating I actually looked pregnant my tummy was perfectly round its now half the size, so after looking at those it has spurred me on so much because I don't want to look like that it's vile and embarrassing.
I am seriously lacking in exercise and just can't seem to find the enthusiasm to do it as much as I should, I only exercised twice last week but I suppose twice is better than not at all :)

I just thaught (Felt even) that i had to write and say hi..what you have wrote is very similar to me..I put all my weight on 7 years ago when i had my Son and then kept putting more and more on till i reached 17 stone and a size 18/20..for the past year me and my partner have been TTC and with no results at all..Im 25 and sick of being the frumpy one, when friends are going out and i say i dont feel like going with them when the real reason is i dont want to because im huge compared to them etc, i feel more like 45 than 25 haha, then theres the health issues with me too, i have asthma which makes it hard to excersise (as does my lack of wanting to do that lol)..i have only been on the diet for 8 days, have lost 6lbs and feel SO much better already so when im a size 14 i expect to feel on top of the world lol..i bet you are the exact same!
I truely hope you reach your goal and just keep imagining how you will feel and look at the end...an i shall ba an avid reader of your diary to check that you are doing as fab as i think you will! At the end of our rainbows arent pots of gold, theres babies and good health...xxx

You sound so simliar to me Floralaura it's rubbish isn't it :( but we'll do it :) Good luck to you hun xx

:) xx

Last edited:
Back