Extra Easy Mum on a mission...this time I WILL succeed!

So yesterday wasn't a great day for me stress wise, and I gave into the jaffa cakes. However I still went out in the evening for a 2 mile walk, which helped me refocus. Today I'm going to work on meal planning for the next week to help keep me on track, and also go for another walk. Also contemplating cutting the grass! I think finding a routine will also be key for me.

So yesterday wasn't a great day for me stress wise, and I gave into the jaffa cakes. However I still went out in the evening for a 2 mile walk, which helped me refocus. Today I'm going to work on meal planning for the next week to help keep me on track, and also go for another walk. Also contemplating cutting the grass! I think finding a routine will also be key for me.
We all get blips with our weight loss journey. But you have thought about it and your plan of action is to plan ahead with your meal planning.

I plan for a few days at a time, This way I am not so tempted to go and resort to my poor eating.

Well done on exercising. Last time I lost 8 stone the only exercise I did was walk around 3 miles a day. But this time round I can only walk a little as my Multiple sclerosis has progressed. So exercise is pilates set by physiotherapist and I use a vibration plate.

Keep up your good work your knocking on the door of losing your first stone.

So no loss for me this week. Been a bit off plan on a couple of days with my food, but still kept up the exercise. I'm in a much better place again now mentally and ready to take on this next week! Onwards and downwards!

Sorry you didn't lose this week but on a positive note you didn't gain either. Some weeks you don't lose weight even when you follow your weight loss programme to the letter. Our weight loss journey can feel at times like a roller coaster. I get highs when I am doing well but I get the lows when I am not doing so well. But I believe it is all part and parcel of the weight loss journey.

Yes, maintenance is definitely a skill I need to learn. The journey will be long and not always easy, but it will be worth it. Drinking loads of water this week to help too, and keeping positive! 😁

It is a skill I need to learn. Cos I lost a lot of weight last time then put it back on. But this time I am determined to keep it off. But I think with slimming world I just might be able to achieve this by following the principles. I think the same as you the journey will be long not always smooth and at times hard. But the end result will be worth it. I have now approximately third of my weight gone two thirds to go. I knew this was going to be a marathon

It is a skill I need to learn. Cos I lost a lot of weight last time then put it back on. But this time I am determined to keep it off. But I think with slimming world I just might be able to achieve this by following the principles. I think the same as you the journey will be long not always smooth and at times hard. But the end result will be worth it. I have now approximately third of my weight gone two thirds to go. I knew this was going to be a marathon

Absolutely! And I don't want to just follow a diet, but rather to live healthier for the rest of my life. Every change I make I plan to keep forever. We can definitely do this!

Absolutely! And I don't want to just follow a diet, but rather to live healthier for the rest of my life. Every change I make I plan to keep forever. We can definitely do this!
You have hit the nail in the head. I find for me slimming world allows me to eat the foods I like and wiggle room with syns for the odd treat without my old habit of binging . Keeping in my allotted syn allowance stops me falling back to old eating habits.

Hi, I have battled with my weight for years, as well as suffering with depression and anxiety. My back is in pain all the time because of my excess weight, and I've decided I really need to give this another go. I restarted last week, and am already 9lbs down. I have been out walking around 2 miles each day, but having to use walking sticks to help me. My ultimate goal is to shift over 15 stone, and get my life back. Any support is greatly appreciated.
Hello nice to meet youπŸ€— awh my heart gos out to you.. depression and anxiety is tuff and the lockdown hasnt helped anyone...but good on you for been positive and making a positive start to your weight loss journey you should be so proud of yourselfπŸ₯° well done...walking is a gr8 way to start... its good for your mental health to..i fell a few years ago and fractured my coccyx with led on to two back surgery in the space of one week the 1st one failed...i have to have my 3rd op soon..so i can sympathise on the pain you are going through..you will get there my lovely keep going...πŸ₯°πŸ€—xx

Hello nice to meet youπŸ€— awh my heart gos out to you.. depression and anxiety is tuff and the lockdown hasnt helped anyone...but good on you for been positive and making a positive start to your weight loss journey you should be so proud of yourselfπŸ₯° well done...walking is a gr8 way to start... its good for your mental health to..i fell a few years ago and fractured my coccyx with led on to two back surgery in the space of one week the 1st one failed...i have to have my 3rd op soon..so i can sympathise on the pain you are going through..you will get there my lovely keep going...πŸ₯°πŸ€—xx
Hi Trinigirl, Welcome! Hope your operation goes well!

Weighed in this morning with another STS! I'm a little frustrated right now. I don't know if it's because of doing so much extra walking this week, or because of star week, or if my food isn't quite as on plan as I thought. So this week I think I need to write everything down! On the plus side I drank soooo much water this week!

That's frustrating. Weight loss is never a straight line thing. Tracking food and time you eat for a week could be helpful. Makes me more thoughtful that post on here - even though I do lazy keto with no weighing or counting.

Weighed in this morning with another STS! I'm a little frustrated right now. I don't know if it's because of doing so much extra walking this week, or because of star week, or if my food isn't quite as on plan as I thought. So this week I think I need to write everything down! On the plus side I drank soooo much water this week!
I follow slimming world I always write down what I eat. As I tried doing syns in my head. Oh boy did I soon found out I had a sieve of a brain and I was losing syns through out the day. By the end of the day I found out I was over I was way over. I bought a food diary for SW off the internet and I now record everything I eat. I plan after breakfast our menu for the day and treats I am going to have. This way I find I am much better in staying in my daily allotted syns.

20210508_054251.jpg
20210508_054207.jpg

Top photo was exactly 1 month ago, and bottom picture is today. I am actually shocked to see a difference here, but my double chin is definitely shrinking! I'm having a good week so far. Lots of water, walking and being 100% on plan, and keeping a food diary to keep me in check. Feeling good today 😁.

Definitely! I see a difference - also I see a higher level of energy!

Weighed in this morning with a 5lb loss 😁. Been a great week. Had loads of energy and have been doing 2 walks of 2 miles a day. Can't manage any more than that now as I've also been drinking a gallon of water a day, and wouldn't make it any further without needing the loo! 🀣 I'm not in as much pain in my back, and don't need to use my walking poles anymore (at least not on reasonably flat ground). Very happy this week. Now to keep it going! 😁

That's amazing that you already feel more comfortable and have less back pain. Well done!

Back