Music makes the world go round...

Excellent! His voice is class isn't it? I've only heard 'One Way' before and that's a pretty cool song. I think I could listen to the music without the vocals of that song actually -it's beautiful.

Excellent! His voice is class isn't it? I've only heard 'One Way' before and that's a pretty cool song. I think I could listen to the music without the vocals of that song actually -it's beautiful.

Rebel music for the English ;)

The lyrics just prove you can be patriotic & love your country without being a right-wing Daily Mail-reading zenophobic hate-mongerer :)

Your song that is -not 'one way'...LOL

PS this is also superb :)

[youtube]5DoWUsTjIgc[/youtube]

The year is 1991, it seems that freedom's dead and gone
The power of the rich is held by few
Keep the young ones paralized, educated by your lies
Keep the old ones happy with the news
Tell the singer not to sing his song
Tell the poet that she's wrong
And in the courts you'll win the case with lines
Cos you sold them down the river-o

Do I belong to some ancient race
I like to walk in ancient places
These are the things that I can understand
I don't believe in your modern way
Don't care about the things you say
Your policies have failed the test of time
Cos you sold them down the river-o

Now in a land not far away, there's men in prison because they say
The colour of your skin is not a question
Did you rally to their side?
No, you sat back and let them die
I don't know how you get to sleep at nightS

Your money market goes round and round
The pound goes up, the dollar goes down
Another South American forest cut down
You need the power for your new towns
Cos you get scared when the night comes down
Won't you tell me where it is that we are bound?

Rebel music for the English ;)

The lyrics just prove you can be patriotic & love your country without being a right-wing Daily Mail-reading zenophobic hate-mongerer :)

Yeah? You goin all Charlie Brooker on us ?;) Wasn't listening to the lyrics that closely actually -maybe I will now. I was caught up in the music of it. Especially since I thought it was common sense to assume that one could be patriotic but not have to join the BNP.

This thread has gone way too long without any Neil...

[youtube]SSh9WnEYWzo[/youtube]

:cool:

When I DJ I always try experiment & to make the combined greater than the sum of the parts... I layer accapellas on dubs & love it when vocals from one tune compliment or bounce off the other tune....

This however is proper crazy :D

[youtube]_cbdNP7Plak[/youtube]

Proclaimers - 500 miles layered with 2 Bad Mice - Bombscare lol :D

This thread has gone way too long without any Neil...

[youtube]SSh9WnEYWzo[/youtube]

:cool:

Neil Young, After the Goldrush, know every beat of every song......brings back glorious memories of my first boyfriend, Nevil Kiddier...........he had the longest hair in our year at school,( girls in the year above us had a crush on him, big time) and went on to play mandolin in his brothers band Glyder......then I saw hima few years later on a Saturday morning T.V. show, Swap-shop or something and Glyder was playing their latest song......sigh! First love and all that!!

I can (very nearly) play this on the guitar (badly) :D

[youtube]vTmCs9k_rZY[/youtube]

LOVE the video - so dated :D

Also having these

[youtube]2zJdbpzfJMs[/youtube]

LOVE the ethereal "ooo aaa oooo aaaa oooooooo" female siren vocals at the climax...

Also this... another (rare) example where the cover is better than the original... I'm gutted I can find the 6.10 extended 12" version as it's the extended outro of Brian Eno's synth crescendo & the overdriven guitar solo that really really get me... one of the sexiest tunes ever in my opinion.

[youtube]HbLgJRQ8TDg[/youtube]

Strange me and a friend were talking about Neil Young. He's only just gotten into him and is all excited by it. I wasn't too intrigued but as he seems to be popping up I think I shall have to give him a listen.

HD-LOVE the Morrisons pic -LMAO!!

Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuune !!!!

[youtube]hhgFNRhgVP8[/youtube]

What a voice :D I proper luff Sharleen :D

[youtube]TFt1keD-LRY[/youtube]

oh bryan ferry and roxy music omg what a song love it so much - by the way have you seen bferry recently ??? years have not been kind

Oh God I love that! 'A winter's day, on a deep and dark december...' I'm feelin all emotional tonight. I actually almost started to cry when it started! LOL

There's definitely something in these shakes ya know...

Needing some motivational tunes today...

[YOUTUBE]sjtXfkHCEkY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]84uWGVAcKR4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]H0bjiyvWqb4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]n-i9CUAAHN0[/YOUTUBE]

...and for some true cheese...:D

[YOUTUBE]uj8C43r4zm0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]9IuueKw1m98&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]yPbLzu83Ato&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Everyone hold their skinny world dieting championship belts up wit both arms raised and let me hear ya yell 'LIIPOTRIIIIMM!!'

Oh and another bow of deep gratitude to the master of power soundtracks -everyone be upstanding for my Sly Stallone!!

[YOUTUBE]InM2lpm-MeA[/YOUTUBE]

LOVE THIS! lol

I've updated my sig pic for Munchie & Roisi just to prove that men aren't all shallow, one-track mind creatures :D

LOVE Labi & Jimmy

Also have this

[youtube]spCq1dAiZ6g [/youtube]

Back