Mustard Mash Help?

catswhiskas

I have mustard powder and want to make mustard mash. Am such a dunce when it comes to cooking... what would I do?

Make your mash as you would do normally & add some mustard powder to it. I'd add a little at a time until you reach the right flavour.;)

About to try Mustard Mash now....will let you know how many potatoes/mustard I use!

That said, it all comes down to taste....am told that fat free fromage frais helps make the mash creamy, so will use that and (possibly) wholegrain mustard, rather than the dried Colemans stuff.

With mash is it lowest to syn with some low fat spread or is Quark a good alternative?

Quark is free, as is fat free fromage frais (I think). Have now tried both and don't mind either. Could use some of the super-low fat primula squeezy cheese as a Healthy Extra, if you'd like a cheesy taste. Not done that yet, but feel it coming on at the weekend!

Thinking on, could add spring onions to make champ, or cabbage for colcannon....

Start with 1 tsp of dry powder & mix into a smooth paste, then add half, taste, add more if required until you reach the taste you like!

Back