My Black Eye!

Grandma

Totally Focused
Well, I have had an accident this evening! I was working away at my computer when the amount of water I drank began to need an outlet! So I kicked off my shoes, got up to go and fell over my trouser leg! I could feel myself going but couldn't hold on to anything. I landed on my paper bin, a lovely metal mesh one, that skidded across the floor and down the stairs! I then landed flat on my face on the floor and couldn't move!

Himself came running up the stairs on hearing the commotion! (In fact, I have never EVER seen him move so fast!) Fortunately I hadn't broken my glasses, but I have given myself a lump on my eyebrow, a cut beside my eye, a black eye where my glasses dug in the eye socket, a lump on the base of my thumb, a lump on the joint at the big toe and a stiff knee and very sore shin!

Other than that, I am okay!

Alas, the poor bin is squashed flat!!

And if you are anything like my daughters, you will be crying with laughter at this point - and you know what they say, laughter is good for the soul!!!

I guess I shall feel all of my 57 and a big bit years tomorrow morning!!!
x

:needhug:

Laugh, us..... Never!!!

:grouphugg:

Gx

Oh-poor you grandma- there's no justice. Just don't let it prompt you into comfort eating !
Hugs xx

Hugs 4 you!! Blimey you poor thing, hope you're not too stiff and sore in the morning

lol , ...after many years of being upright and able to walk normally,I have been having a special year of falling over. Last one was the hoover cord so no one to blame but myself, hit the floor, made a whaa haa haa noise and then realised there was nothing wrong with me...felt about 4 again!

Hope you dont look too beaten up!

Poor you the bit about the basket did make me laugh I'm one of those people who can't help it especially when I trip over something myself, normally the dog's chew or toy.

Thank goodness you are okay.

I would take a couple of paracetamol tonight as I think you may have a few aches in the morning.
:character00264::patback::flowers:

Ouch, sounds awful!! Hope your not in too much pain, take it easy :hug99:

Hope you are ok Grandma and not too sore in the morning.

Hugs to your poor bin too.

Awwww Grandma, so sorry to hear you've been in the wars but thank God you have a good sense of humour. Get your girls to wait on you hand and foot and rest up - maybe take a warm bath with lavander in it, it will help with the aches and pains and might help you to sleep too.
I do feel for you darling
Take care
Tansyx:)

oh Grandma, poor you :hug99: hope you're not too achey in the morning.

aww poor you grandma i knew all these flippen toilet trips were a bad thing!!!!! there was bound to be an accident along the lines somewhere.

Hope your eye gets better soon
love becky :)

Thanks for all the hugs and sympathy! I really ache now and my eye is very sore. Fortunately, I can still see the funny side of it all and just keep giggling away to myself!

You're right, Linda, its all the fault of CD - if I hadn't drunk so much water, I wouldn't have needed the loo and if I hadn't lost weight, I wouldn't have got my foot stuck in my trousers!!

Oh, how I wish that my girls still lived at home to look after me, Tansy, but they are at their homes with their own families, my son is at his home with his girlfriend and so I have to rely on Himself!

Becky, do you think we ought to have a health warning put in the yellow booklet where it talks about all the water we have to drink??!!

At least I shall now be more sympathetic when I see children fall over and howl their eyes out!!!

x

Back