My CD Diary

phatbird

Well, here I am on day 4 of CD and to help keep me focussed I thought I would write a diary. I have been doing ok, am in ketosis and know I have lost 6lbs already as i weighed myself when I got up this morning :D:D:D.

I am really hoping to stay on track for as long as I can as I have done CD before and know that even one small blip with knock me out of ketosis and make my life twice as hard so am committing to go 100% for as long as I can.

My worries about staying on track are a family weekend away 28/31 October and an awayday with work on 16 November. Will I be strong enough to stick to my packs on those occasions? Or, will it be more sensible to have low carb meals? I guess I'll have to see how well I handle it at the time.

It's not just my weight that is bothering me, but my waist measurement. I was really shocked at my waist measurement and quite upset with myself to allowing my eating to get out of control again and push me into the dreaded "obese" BMI category. It's so easy to just enjoy life and not care about the consequences.

I'm not dreaming of being a size 8 again, I am in my 40s now so would be happy with a nice size 10/12. Exercise is important to me and I love it, so thats something about my life I want to change as I don't exercise half as much as I should or could.

Well, it's helped typing this out. Makes it seem more real as I sit here glug glug glugging on water. I feel a bit sick to be honest but am 2 liters down and would like to drink 3 liters today.

I guess I'll pop back on here with my thoughts when I struggle. It's good to read the other diaries and how everyone else is doing as it can get lonely on this diet don't you think?

I am also going to do a weight loss ticker to help me visualise my loss and hopefully show off a bit as the weeks go by.

PB

:)

Well done PB, it seem's that you are in the zone!!, keeping going and the weight will fall off of you and you will feel heeps better by xmas.

Good luck ;)

Lou
xx:):):):):):)

Hello lovely lady is that you ?

I am struggling this afternoon and off to a kids party now.

PB xx

Well it's day 8 for me and I am down 10lbs which is good. I seem to be well in ketosis and not too fussed about eating. The weeks fly by for me as I work full time and am always rushing about. However, the weekends are harder.

Loulou, it would be a shame if you gave up as you have done so well :0(

Will defo be doing this for another week and see how I feel then???

Your Rocking and rolling and I am just a misery :(

L xxxxx

I really think it is harder for you on mat leave. I run around like a headless chicken for 7-8.5 hours of thr day and then add 1.5 hours commuting. Also, John cooks for the kids and you are feeding bubba all the time.

It's not all a bed of roses but I put it to the back of my mind and try and forget about it. I so want to be slim, I really want to hang in for a few more weeks yet.

How about you leave it a week, then move to SS+ then step 2 where you can have a low carb meal each day?

XXXXXX

my idea weight would see me needing to lose another 2 stone, I have suffered this long so might keeping going until I reach breaking point.

Defo not watching what I eat or drink in Dec within reason, I want to have fun in Dec x

I am sitting here watching Come Dine With Me lol. Weirdly nice to watch people cooking/eating :0)

Ha ha I'm watching masterchef! Why do we do it ???? ?

Haha Charlie I find it rather theraputic.

I am watching CDWM again, it's becoming a habit. That and drooling over take away menus. It's almost like I am obsessed !

Me too. I love anything to do with watching food being eaten or cooked. I sit and read takeaway menu's and plan what I would eat!!!!!. What is that all about???? lol

xxx

Day 11

Well had a much better day today, had a brief period yesterday when I wondered if I could go on. But hey, here I am on day 11 doing still 100% and in a much better mood today.

Loulou, I am obsessed with cookery books and the like and even got the M&S Food to Order brochure today so I can start planning Christmas dinner haha.

Well, I am planning to continue 100% until the end of the month when we are away for the weekend. I am not sure whether I will be able to stay 100% over the weekend as we will be in a big group. I may surprise myself but we'll just have to see. I've got a load of work events in November so might move up the plan. Decisions decisions lol.

PBx

DAY 13

Not having a great evening, feel the need to eat something. Dunno whats wrong, thinks this is possibly the worst I have felt.

Whats stopping me eating? Knowing that it is my weigh in tomorrow !

This diet does get bloody boring. I've not been at work today so hopefully will feel better tomorrow once back in work routine.

PB

Day 20

Well it's been nearly 3 weeks on the diet and here I am on day 20 with my 3rd weigh in tomorrow. I have already lost 3lbs this week and if I can lose another by tomorrow I will have lost 16lbs in 3 weeks which I am over the moon with (I am not a huge looser, never have been so these losses are brill for me).

My worry this weekend is that we are going away with a big group of friends and I know it will be hard to stick to the diet but I sooo don't want to fall off it. I might have an add-a-meal weekend so at least I can have fish n veg or chicken and salad if I am in a social situation I can't get out of. My worry I suppose is that I will want a glass of wine, I am sure that will kick me out of ketosis and mess up all my hard work but it is something that I fancy.

People at work have realy noticed my weight loss and a lot of people said the change in my face already is amazing. I went to see family at the weekend who told me the diet is stupid and that I will put it all back on afterwards, they really p*ssed me off to be honest. Thing is, I am even more determined to lose the weight now. We have a big family party in 3 weeks and I guess I could lose another 10lbs before then if I am good.......I'll show 'em !!!!!

Well, am off work today taking the kids for a nice autumnal walk in the woods. Might lay off the water whilst I am out as don't fancy peeing behind a tree.

Hi CL, I see that you lost 9lbs in your first week which is bloody amazing!!! How you doing this week hon ?

PB x

doing well hun, waiting for the dreaded TOTM to leave ha ha! Ws pleased with my 4lb tho!

I really dont know what it is with ppl saying you are gonna put it all back on. Obviously you cant go back to how you ate before as that is teh reason the weight was gained but if you are careful and follow the steps it will be fine.
Keep going hun you are doing so well :)xx

Hi I just wanted to say I had the same problem when I spoke to my mum last night, she said I'd best not be being stupid as I'll put the weight back on, it makes you feel so unsupported doesn't it! To be fair she doesn't know I'm following the Cambridge diet but even so she hasn't even commented on the fact I've lost a stone......not had any comments yet :(

Anywho just wanted to say your not alone and I completely love your attitude of showing them :)

Xx

good luck with the weekend - i would definitely have some chicken/fish, just be careful with how much veg you have if you're trying to be SS+ as you are allowed only a v. small portion.

i wouldn't have wine, not only is it calories but it can make you ill if you are in ketosis.
maybe treat yourself to a coke zero instead (which hopefully shouldn't affect ketosis) - you can always tell people there's vodka in it if you're trying to avoid questions!

Thanks ladies, lost 5lbs this week yay !!!

SB - you seem to have had quite a journey on Cambridge with 20 weeks under you belt. Bloody well done you. Are you finding the SS+ hard?

emsiem, peoples attitudes towards dieters suck don't they. I know they don't always understand the diet but it's like they write you off before you've even begun and the compliments just aint flowing lol.

CL, well done on your loss and thanks ever so much lovely :)

PB

Back