ProPoints My Choice

zeke

Gold Member
I am now entering phase two of my weight loss journey so thought I would start a nice new diary :).

I have been following slimming world up until two days ago (and I admit at times badly - especially the last few weeks) when I went to a WW class to stock up on the info and gadgets to have a go a propoints.

Weight watchers has been my diet of choice for many years now - but that was the old points (aka discover plan). It worked extremely well for me up until the point where I came off it, of course!

Last year I lost 30 lbs but when I came off it I put on 21 lbs. I have now lost 17 of those pounds with SW. I weigh in daily now - even when I am being 'bad'/not dieting - I just do it. I vowed not to stick my head in the sand about my yo-yo dieting anymore:

16June.png

So - I am giving propoints a go! If I don't feel it works as well as the old points system then I will swap back to that. I typically lost 21 lbs in 10 weeks on old points (that includes a first week loss which I won't have this time so I hope to match the 17 lbs lost on SW).

Although I WI daily at home I only use the Thursday WI to update on here.

Last edited:
Hi Zeke, welcome to PP . I love this plan I try to stay as close to my daily points as possible and then have 49 weeklies for the unexpected !!. I hope you enjoy it.

Great idea to put up a food diary too, helps me to stay on track

Hi Zeke, welcome to PP . I love this plan I try to stay as close to my daily points as possible and then have 49 weeklies for the unexpected !!. I hope you enjoy it.

Great idea to put up a food diary too, helps me to stay on track

Hi and thank you for the welcome! I think that is a good idea about using the 49 for the unexpected!

I know you have to use the daily points each day but do you have to use the 49 points (I will probably use them even if I don't 'have' to - just wondered if there was a rule about them)?

I plan to try and earn as many activity points as I can each week (I am only going to count extra exercise - not things like gardening and housework!) but not use those unless I really need to.

I am going to use the 12 week 'track' book for my food diary - I tried doing an online one with SW and it didn't really work for me. I need a paper one in the kitchen I think!

I have to go to work now but I am looking forward to coming back and reading others diaries!

Hey! I've just moved over from sw too.. I seem to have lost and gained the same 12lbs for 5 years... Without repeating myself too much cos just wrote this on my diary but I weigh less this morning after 1 week on pp than I ever have on sw... Obviously suits me better!!

Good luck :)

That's great to hear CheekyChick! Long may that continue!

I do feel more 'at home' with WW but tbh SW served a purpose in getting me started - I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to count points a few weeks ago.

I shall check out your diary for the full version!

Good luck :)

Hi and welcome back then to WW... I was a SW fan and now doing WW... I got the new calculator this week to work out and store my pro points... (if you don't have one get one now as special offer at clubs!) and seem to be loving it.

I don't tend to eat all my PPs or my Weeklies.. but I am sure I will have weeks where I will.... might have fish and chips this week.. only if husband nags me to though as I am really trying again.

Oops I chatted on .... Good luck and looking forward to seeing your food diary x

Hello and welcome back :)

Hello - thank you all for the warm welcome!

Yes, I bought the 'deluxe' pack for £15/16 pounds whilst I was there - which includes the calculator. Thought it was a bargain!

I really don't feel the need to go to the meeting from now on at all - in fact I didn't even stay this and weighed in with my shoes on.

hi zeke, im loving the propoints. i dont feel im dieting like i use to (starving myself and then put it all back on again) so hope you find it as good as i have :D

I am rather pleased today as I wore my smaller trousers and shirt to work for the first time in about a year and I was down 1.2 lbs on the scale (I weigh daily). I seem to have been in the 182-184 range now forever! Hopefully I can blast of out that this week with PP! Currently 182.6 - so looking foward to being 181.somethings and I will be delighted to be in the 170's - Soon! Soon!

Yesterday I had my 29 daily points + 8 weekly points. I think I will be someone who uses all the weeklies by the look of things!

Hi Zeke :) use up the weeklies if you need to that's what they are there for. Are you sure you should only be on 29 daily? Just looking at your stats I dunno i think you should be on more possibly, I could be wrong but could be worth a look.

Hi Zeke :) use up the weeklies if you need to that's what they are there for. Are you sure you should only be on 29 daily? Just looking at your stats I dunno i think you should be on more possibly, I could be wrong but could be worth a look.

Thanks sillykitten. Yeah, I was surpised to be on the lowest daily points (29) with my stats - but that was what the leader told me when I joined on Monday? I weighed in there at 13 st 10 lbs (had shoes on and it was evening - I WI at home naked first thing for my stats on here) and I am 5'6''. Not sure how I check that though?

ADD: just remembered the calculator! Checked my set-up and it does indeed say 29. It does seem a bit strange to be on the lowest daily points this far from goal. Oh well! Thank goodness for weeklies!

Last edited:
I was so hungry yesterday evening! It didn't help that I decided to have a glass of wine, too. I used 17 of my weekly points yesterday :eek:. I know that is fine but I cannot do that every day!

Wasn't helped by the fact that I desperately needed to go shopping so had no fruit in, no ww bread and had made slightly higher points choices for lunch and breakfast. I also only had frozen peas for veg at dinner and spending 3 pts on those wasn't that useful.

Live and learn though! Off to the supermarket very soon!

I also think I need to have a proper filling supper to stop the sometimes endless stream of evening snacks. Maybe porridge or something. The daytime is, generally, ok and I find it pretty easy to stick to.

Last edited:
I used less weekly points yesterday but it was still about 11.

I need to have a serious look at where I can claw back some points in the day. I also need to start making some zero point stuff up (soup, jellies etc) that helped me get through many moons ago when I was lighter and on 18/20 discovery points.

The porridge helped last night but I don't think choosing a flavoured version of 'oat so simple' did. I usually make my porridge with water. Yesterday I spent 7 points on semi-skimmed milk alone!

• Start taking coffee black (I like it - I think milk is a habit).
  • Reduce milk point spend by making porridge with water in the evening and either cutting down semi milk allowance or swapping to skimmed.
  • Make free soup and Jelly
I will also fit in some exercise today.

I am going to shoot for sticking to my daily allowance of 29 today and not using any of my quickly dimishing weeklies!

zeke said:
I used less weekly points yesterday but it was still about 11.

I need to have a serious look at where I can claw back some points in the day. I also need to start making some zero point stuff up (soup, jellies etc) that helped me get through many moons ago when I was lighter and on 18/20 discovery points.

The porridge helped last night but I don't think choosing a flavoured version of 'oat so simple' did. I usually make my porridge with water. Yesterday I spent 7 points on semi-skimmed milk alone!

[*]Start taking coffee black (I like it - I think milk is a habit).
[*]Reduce milk point spend by making porridge with water in the evening and either cutting down semi milk allowance or swapping to skimmed.
[*]Make free soup and Jelly
I will also fit in some exercise today.

I am going to shoot for sticking to my daily allowance of 29 today and not using any of my quickly dimishing weeklies!

Do you not eat fruit zeke...

That is a great evening treat to nibble on. Have a couple of pieces and some jelly your done.

Sorry is this your food diary....write everything down and look at it...let us see and we can help tweek it for you.

If you are desperate for chocolate snacks just have a few in and know the points.

Keep at it...it will come together and soon you will be thinking pfft easy!! Xx

Yes said:

That is a great evening treat to nibble on. Have a couple of pieces and some jelly your done.

Sorry is this your food diary....write everything down and look at it...let us see and we can help tweek it for you.

If you are desperate for chocolate snacks just have a few in and know the points.

Also forgot to mention....I have started a monthly weigh in team which may keep us more on track.....go to weight watchers teams and you will find us under there Newbie Team.......want to come join us!

Thank you, Yes!

I guess I'm still not used to fruit being free on ww! Yes, I do eat it (although I didn't actually have any in until 5 pm yesterday). I am, of course, used to it being free on SW though ( I did learn to limit myself to one banana a day though - 2 if I was desperate, I generally had 1 banana, 1 orange, 1 apple and 1 portion of another fruit each day - I will try to stick with that as well as 1/2 plate salad and 1/2 plate mixed veg).

Yesterday evening, thinking about it now, I had lots of lovely fruit in!

I know I have made a lot of silly mistakes with my points over the last few days - wasting them really!

No, this isn't my food diary - it is my weight loss diary. I haven't started a food diary online as I use the 12 week track thing and I know from past experience that I need that in the kitchen!

I shall analyse what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast (8am):
40 g All Bran (3)
1/2 pt semi skimmed (4) - not measured. I measured this morning and I used 1/4 pt on cereal and 1 coffee. I probably did use another 1/4 pt in coffee though - and I really don't need to.
Lunch (1pm):
Baked Potato (4)
Baked Beans (3) I have now seen that this was for 105 g and I used 200g! (6)
Cucumber (0) all I had left on the salad front!
Salad Cream (1) Could easily have skipped that
Afternoon snack (5.15pm):
Strawberries (0)
Small orange (0)
Dinner (5.45 pm):
WW meal (9)
Pile of mixed veg (from frozen, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots) (0)
Tomato Sauce (1) Not needed
ww yogurt (1)
Evening Snacks (7.30 pm - 9.30 pm)
Banana (0)
Oat so simple apple variety made with semi skimmed (not from allowance - so points for that included) (6) Should have had normal porridge made with water!
Dunkers (3) I really enjoyed these and have no regrets there!
Mini milk (1)
Wholemeal roll (3) I didn't need to have this beetroot roll!
Pickled beetroot (0)
Salad cream (1)

That was very uesful! It wasn't a completely typical day as I was desperate for a food shop (and have no real excuse for not organising that better).

Today I plan:

Breakfast (7.30 am)

40g All bran (3)
Banana (0)
1/4 pt Semi skimmed milk (2)

Morning snack

Fruit, if needed

Lunch

large salad (0)
Tin of Tuna (3)
Salad Cream (1)
WW yogurt (1)

Afternoon Snack

Fruit, if needed

Dinner

ww meal (10)
Mixed free veg (0)
ww yogurt (1)

Evening

Fruit (0)
Jelly (0) - need to buy and make this! (will buy ready-made pots, too)
50 g porridge made with water (5) - will scale down if I chose so that I can add saved points to two spare points and have a dunker or some other treat.
1/8 pt semi skimmed milk (1)
Another 2 pts - maybe milk in coffee during day/mini milk/another yogurt (2)

Drinks

Water, black coffee, green tea, no sugar squash. Must point milk if used.

Total = 29

That has helped A LOT! I may not stick to that exactly but I feel more in control now. It is, without doubt, the evenings that are my downfall at the moment. I was genuinely hungry on Friday evening but less so last night - that was more habit.

I know that I am relying heavily on ww meals etc at the moment but I want to this week whilst I get used to pp and what does/doesn't work for me.

Last edited:
Back