My dress

I'm actually getting excited now!! And it is helping me - today i was out and nearly bought a cake ... and then thought - DRESS! I'll need to lose every spare inch of fat though as I don't think the dress will be very forgiving!! Both daughters like the choice for them - and colour and as one is blonde and the other dark it should be ok.

That dress is stunning!

the dress is absolutely breathtaking... I'd never dare to wear anything like that (unless I was a size 8 and looked like the frickin model! lol No bra, no knickers... wooohooo... lol)

I'd stock up on neck braces/collars for your wedding guests coz you'll be turning everyones heads with how incredible you look!!!

the bridesmaids dresses are stunning too... and purple is the lushest colour!

very very happy to catch up on things a bit... and this is the loveliest news... couldn't happen to a nicer couple.

Wow Bev that is one amazing dress.... think I'd get married again just to wear that .... you'll look stunning!

bev i d love you to let me know were i can get that dress,im not getting married til 2010 in cyprus but that is a dress that id love to walk down the aisle in,please let me know id be very grateful!!!!!
elaine x

Thanks everyone .. getting stationery together now - my friend is a card maker, so she's going to do it. Just emailing/'phoning places to find out if they are available for civil ceromonies and costs.

How long before do you send out "save the day" cards?? Thinking of doing them as fridge magnets so people can keep them!

How long before do you send out "save the day" cards?? Thinking of doing them as fridge magnets so people can keep them!

Awww can't help with how long before - but love the fridge magnet idea, what a lovely reminder ....... plus it will help all the ladies remember that they want to look slim in their dresses every time they go to the fridge ;)

Awww can't help with how long before - but love the fridge magnet idea, what a lovely reminder ....... plus it will help all the ladies remember that they want to look slim in their dresses every time they go to the fridge ;)

LOL I have fridge magnets for my CDC business with all my details on them - same reason!!!

Yep, it works ---- Tracey sent me one of hers.... keeping me on the straight and narrow - scared to even go in the kitchen now cos I know she's watching my from her perch on the side of my pc (forgot that my fridge is in a unit so they don't stick to it LOL)

With the save the date cards, if noone has to travel too far, I would send them out about 4-5 months in advance but thats just me. Then I would send the invites out about 2-3 months before the date.
Like I said thats just me!

With the save the date cards, if noone has to travel too far, I would send them out about 4-5 months in advance but thats just me. Then I would send the invites out about 2-3 months before the date.
Like I said thats just me!

Thanks - I've got family and friends down in Kent and London. All KP's family are local. He has friends down south too.

Then of course there are my MM friends too! 2009 is also a busy year for weddings in our circle of friends/family.

wedding dresses always come up a size smaller.i ordered mine in a 14 then had it altered 4 wks before to fit like a glove...that way if i hadnt lost weight it would still fit.you normally have to order the dresses 3 months before as they take so long to make so make sure you keep it in mind..gawjus frock by the way x

Thanks everyone .. getting stationery together now - my friend is a card maker, so she's going to do it. Just emailing/'phoning places to find out if they are available for civil ceromonies and costs.

Bev - we've got save the date fridge magnets (from Vistaprint) that we're sending out very soon - just so no one has any excuse HAHAHAHAHAH! I'm handmaking the invites so starting now as it'll take me a while (sheesh) but we're going to send them out around September/October - so about 6 months before - again so we can get numbers sorted asap. I know it should be 6 weeks traditionally but I don't think people pay much notice to that anymore and folk need time to plan, don't they?

Good luck with finding a venue - it was easy for me cos I'd decided years ago on the place I wanted to get married. It's an arm/leg job though!!! You might find it's cheaper if you get hitched on a Friday??

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

venue options

F G E - are you still looking for venues etc - I have just sold my florists shop and did acres of weddings in Cheshire and I know a few great venues etc...:rolleyes:

F G E - are you still looking for venues etc - I have just sold my florists shop and did acres of weddings in Cheshire and I know a few great venues etc...:rolleyes:

OOOhhhh yes please - the place I originally wanted (Reaseheath college Nantwich) - doesn't do mid week - and because I want 9/09/09 .... a Wednesday, that place is out! Unless the world would slow down or quicken up by a few days so 9th could be on a Saturday!!!!!

Back