My first day... ohhh, the water!

Zayna

I've spent most of today running to the loo. What is the point of all that water if you just get rid of it down the toilet?

Sorry to be negative. It's my first day and though I was full of enthusiasm yesterday, excited to get started, today seems like the first day of a very long journey... :sigh:

Don't worry it does get easier as your body adjusts just think of it as flushing through the rubbish that was already there.

Good luck, stay strong, it'll get easier! honest!

Don't worry it does get easier as your body adjusts just think of it as flushing through the rubbish that was already there.

Good luck, stay strong, it'll get easier! honest!

Thank you.... I am hungry and bursting to pee, I can't wait to get into this and get to the end of the first week. :cry:

i'm not sure on the science of it all, but the water flushes all the fat out of your body, so everytime you go to the toilet, think of it as losing a bit more fat!!

once you have got through the first week hun you will be fine. the first few days will be hard but it really does get easier, keep strong xx

Hi Zanya,
I'm just going into my second week now and i found the first week abit tricky with all the water, just stick with it and it does get easier. Also your first weigh in results will be well worth the hardship of the first week.
Good Luck

Welcome to LT and this site.

Once you are in ketosis the water flushes the ketones out, which is what you want.

Don't think of this as the first day of a long journey, think of it as the first day to the new you!

How much do you want to lose? Get yourself a ticker and soon we'll be celebrating your first great loss with you.

Good luck.

x

I'm loving this site, the forum moves so quick, isn't it busy? :D

I weighed in at 12st 10lb, I'm 5'3", I've no idea what my ideal weight is but if I could get to 10st 7lb I'd look and feel so much different... I'm big busted so I'll never be a skinny minny. I'm also 47 years old, so somehow I can't imagine weighing nine stone something like I did when I was 18...

Can anyone tell me when ketosis kicks in, and how do you know, what does it feel like?

Bad breath and feeling cold! Some have an energy boost and you no longer feel hungry!

It usually takes 3 to 6 days depending on your food intake in the days before you started.

This site is the greatest. It has really helped me keep focused from the day I joined. They are a great bunch of people who are always here to help you.

Good luck getting into ketosis soon.

x

Bad breath and feeling cold! Some have an energy boost and you no longer feel hungry!

It usually takes 3 to 6 days depending on your food intake in the days before you started.

This site is the greatest. It has really helped me keep focused from the day I joined. They are a great bunch of people who are always here to help you.

Good luck getting into ketosis soon.

x

Thanks. I'm afraid I've stuffed myself senseless this last few days. The Last Supper. :(

I meant to add, I know what you mean about age and weight. I am over 21 (quite a bit older if I'm honest!) with 2 teenagers and a younger child and, although I've set my target as just under 10 stone I have no idea what I'll look like at that weight! I know I just have to try it coz I need to know!

At 5'3" your weight is in the healthy range could be between 7 stone 9 and 10 stone 1 but that doesn't take into account frame and age. I think your target of 10 stone 7 is a good starting point. It is all to do with you being happy with what you see in the mirror and fitting into clothes you want to wear.

You could reach your target in about 2 months (lucky you!)

x

I'm only on day 3 of restart after eating carbs all weekend and I am mildly in ketosis so don't assume that it's all bad! fingers crossed it'll get much easier tomorrow and get better from there.. right up until your huge loss at your first WI!

Lol! I know what you mean! My friend, who was doing LT when I started, told me to have a big meal before I started but as it was the day after we returned from holiday there was no food in the house so I had to make do with what I could find!!!!! No way was i going to attempt a big shop after an 8 hour flight on a Sunday!!!!!!!

x

Zayna,Hi! and :welcome:
You'll love it here, any queries, someone will know the answer.
I'm 54 and 5ft4in, so not too different to you. I'd like to be 9st10lb-10st7lb, depending what I look like. (dont want to look like a shrivelled walnut!)
Get a ticker by clicking on someone elses, right click on it,highlight it, copy, then go into user cp (top left hand of blue border)
go into edit signature, put cursor where ticker to go, then paste. Bingo!!

Hi and welcome, 51 here and 5ft 5ins I hope to get to 10st but maybe 10 and a half maybe a more realistic goal.
Just get through the first week and see the weight melt away :)

Well good morning, it's day 2. I seriously don't know how I got through yesterday, it was much harder than I imagined it would be. I didn't cheat though, did the whole thing including about 3 litres of water. I woke up in the night, mouth like Ghandi's flip flop... and it's not much better now. Lord knows how it will be once this Ketosis kicks in...

I got on my own scales this morning, with no clothes on, and on them I'm 12st. I would like them to say 11st, and if they ever said 10st 7lb, I'd fall off them in shock. I've not been ten and a half since I was about 27. :eek:

:D

Back