My journey to a slimmer me

sarah.w

Hi all :)

I've been reading some very inspirational threads on this site for quite a while now but decided to finally write a diary to hopefully keep me motivated and focused on my goal.

My name is Sarah and im 23. Im on the Weight Watchers plan and im doing the Kettleworx challenge to keep active and shape up. Im currently 11.5 stones (but not for long fingers crossed!)

I've had a few bumps along the way but ive managed to loose 2 stones so far in the last 3 months of re-joining WW and im aiming to loose at least another stone by the end of June (hopefully) but will keep small goals until then so i can slowly reach my next stone down.

Im not going to the group sessions anymore due to the lack of time but will count on this forum as my support network since i find it really encouraging. :D

Wish me luck

Hi all,

Had a great day today and even managed to save a couple of pro points :D

Brekkie: 1pp
mixed fruit and a ww yogurt
plain black coffee

snack: 4pp
special K mini breaks
tea

lunch: 5pp
leftover minestrone soup
2 ryevita crackers

dinner: 12 pp
homemade grilled chicken breast
200g homemade oven chips with 4 sprays of frylite
ketchup
1 can of diet pepsi

desert: 5pp
mini magnum

total: 27 points

Exercise: 20 minutes of Cardio Kettleworx

Hi all,

I haven't updated in a while but the last couple of days i haven't been able to exercise as i injured my foot and the doc said i need to rest it for a week so im feeling a bit down about that. Nevertheless im going to keep at the points and hopefully will manage to loose something with it. I weighed myself a few days ago and ive lost 2 pounds so im really pleased with that :D

Hi Sarah,

your first post really inspired me!! 2stone in 3 months!!! thats amazing!!!

im on my 6th week of WW and im stuck in a rut of doing well during the day, sticking to plan but then ruining it at night with mcdonalds, fish and chips! like i havent been complete self destruct as havent binged all day and have good intentions, i have alot going on in my mind atm and im letting that get in the way of my diet i think.

im 12 st 7.5lbs atm, started at 13st 6lbs so must have been similar to what you started at?

i too dont go to groups and use this as my support network!

really need to up my game, you have given me a good boost to do that - thank you!!!

here to follow your diary xxxx

Hi Emma,

thanks for your support and well done you for loosing a stone!! thats fantastic and keep it up!! :D

Dont feel discouraged because we all have bad days so i understand completely, (i had a bad weekend of eating junk so im sure i must have put on) but i wont let that put me down because indulging (dont over indulge) now and then isnt a bad thing and you shouldnt feel guilty because your allowed a treat now and then but dont let anything get in the way of your achievement because loosing a stone is not easy so our only option is to go forwards and plough through the pounds really, and let the summer motivate you.

Also have you tried the kettlebell workouts? its amazing, ive tried so many workouts but hate running and jumping around. This is only 20 minutes, three days a week and targets all muscles of your body without you having to run and jump for hours, the best part is that you can do it at home. I do it for 5x a week but its really really helped, and it sculpts and tones your body at the same time so you dont really get saggy skin afterwards. Theres a huge thread on it called 'Secret to shaping up' by Kron, and theres a kettlebells forum on this site (in the exercise section). The best part is that its only 20 minutes and is over before you know it. You can buy a kettlebell (i use the 10 pound one) from tesco direct for a tenner if your interested.

I weighed myself but my scales kept on giving me different readings, so i bought these fab body fat analyser scales from argos on sale (heres the link if your interested Buy Salter Silver Body Analyser Scale at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Bathroom scales, Scales, Scales, Body fat monitors and body fat scales.), but basically when i weighed myself it said that i was 74.1 kilos and my other scales said i was 72kg. So basically im just under my two stone mark but ill get there :)

If you need to talk or if you need a boost then just send me a message and ill try help in anyway i can :)

Good luck!! x

Hi all,

i havent been very sensible this weekend because ive been working really long hours and havent had time to eat so ive just grabbed the quickest think i could during breaks to keep me going. My foot injury hasnt really helped because i cant exercise but im feeling better today and ill attempt to do a mini workout.
will keep updating on my day

Good luck :)

Hey hun,

How are you?

I love bank hols because obvs the long weekend from work etc but equally its annoying because seems food plays a big part! Sigh! Anywho haven't been soooo bad this weekend, I haven't eaten a lot just what I have eaten has been off plan, I.e not pointed! But I'm ready to get bk to it tomo

I haven't tried kettleworks! Which dvd do u use? Because I've read about it before and there are quite a few dvd's aren't there? Do u only need one kettlebell? I may give it a go, I'm going to start my couch to 5k app on my phone this week, and desperatly need something to help tone. I have tried jillian michaels 30 day shred, loved the weights ection but the cardio (jumping jacks, jump rope, knee lifts) and the other section wasn't a fav of mine! With the couch to 5k its one day on one day off etc so on my days off could do kettleworks! That way would get a good balance! Hmmm

Thanks for the argos link! That's such a good price for those scales!!

Onwards and downwards as they say!! Hope you enjoy the rest of the bank hol, I'm looking forward to getting back to work, back to routiine and back to losing weight! Summer 2012 I will be slim :D

Thank you also for being sooooo lovely!! Xxxx

Heya hun,

sorry for the late reply ive just been really busy but im glad your focused on your goal and i know you'll reach it soon :)
I am doing the kettleworx plan and yep there are lots of DVD to that, and its also very expensive but before i started kettleworx i would follow some youtube workouts which have very similar moves, but if your interested let me know and ill send you some. I find that its helped me tone and for the first time in years i have a waistline! lol I know someone thats doing the couch to 5k and shes loving it, and shes lost a lot of weight and its something im looking to start soon because i want to improve my health and running its great for that.

To be honest, i had a very bad week, i havent stuck to my plan at all and havent managed to exercise and i know ive put on a couple of pounds, i can feel it but reading your comment motivated me again so thanks for that!! :D
Anyways let me know if you want the links and keep up the fantastic work!! :D x

Hiya everyone,

Basically i started off this diary on a high after almost reaching my two stone mark, but then hit another low when i injured my foot and couldnt exercise for two weeks. Im the kind of person that tries to stick to the plan when i know i cant exercise but it doesnt work, my diet and exercise have to go hand in hand if i want to keep motivated and loose weight. So this whole week ive been extremely busy and because i havent had the time to cook ive been eating take aways most days. The other day my boss ordered a chinese take away at the office and i couldnt help eating some of the prawn crackers dripping with oil!! I weighed myself and ive put on a pound, and im kinda glad that i didnt put on more like i thought i had. So ive been off plan this whole week but starting now im not going to eat any junk food and will stick to my points and exercise because my foots a lot better.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!
Adios amigos :D

My first day back into the plan and im pleased that i stayed to my goal and didnt go over my pro points. I havent exercised yet but i will do later on.
My food diary:

brekkie- 5pp
2 nimble toasts
thin slice of cheese
1 cup of tea with no sugar

snack: 3pp
fresh pineapple
1 curly wurly

Lunch: 6pp
ww beans on toast
green tea

Dinner: 15pp
tomato and chicken pasta bake
green tea

total: 29 pro points

Exercise: kettleworx butt and hips

Things have gone really well today and ive managed to have my 4 cups of green tea as well, since ive only used up 26pp today, i might treat myself to a low point ice-cream

anyways heres my diary for today :)

Brekkie- 5pp
1 medium egg fried in 4 sprays of fry light
1 nimble toast
1 tea with milk and sweeteners

Snack- 0pp
1 Banana

Lunch- 4pp
ww can tomato soup
1 chocolate digestive

Dinner- 16pp
1 whole meal pitta bread (cut into two pockets)
homemade tandoori chicken ovenbaked (with pre made spice mix)
100g homemade oven chips (4 sprays of frylight)
ketchup with 4 drops of tabasco sauce

Extra- 1pp
1 cup options belgian hot chocolate
4 cups of green tea (through out the day)

Total:26pp

Popping by to subscribe,well done on your weight loss so far,sounds like the kettle bells are a good workout,how's your foot now?

Hi sorry everyone, i havent posted in a while its just been really crazy atm but just a quick update, ive stayed the same since my last weigh in which im happy with since ive been a bit naughty with the snacks but have been exercising when i can. Thanks bulldogdaisy!! yep kettlebells is really helping me and for the first time in ages i can actually say that i have a waist now so im really chuffed about that!! my foots much better now thanks for asking, how are you doing?

At least you've Sts so that good,glad the kettle bells are working for you :0) am doing well thanks,have just started giving Simply Filling a go as of yesterday.All going well but will pp some days too.

thanks for introducing the simply filling plan to me, i was completely unaware of it. When i was reading about it earlier i felt so relieved because im having way to many slip ups and cant afford to back to square one and two stones heavier!! i actually feel like i can eat more and feel satisfied unlike just the normal pro points plan and it gets so tiring keeping track of everything!! but anyways thanks :D Tomorow i begin the Simply Filling plan and im looking forward to it, bring it on!! :D

Cool :0) look forward to seeing how you get on,if I can help in anyway I will though it will probably be you helping me lol

lol we can both learn and benefit from eachother :) have a lovely day!!

thanks :) btw ive started a new diary which ive linked in my signature, thanks for the suggestion :)

Back