My journey to graduation and marriage!

Have fun at the cinema! :D

Thank you! :D

It was a brilliant film! Will definitely be buying it when it comes out on DVD. Did you manage to get to the cinema?

Yeah SLT is a really intense course. My next term is going to be especially hard as my placement is a 3 hours away for 2 days a week. I absolutely love it though, wouldn't want to do anything else!

Today has been ok
:) just finished a yummy roast dinner!

Breakfast:

2 shredded wheats (2)
Milk (1)

Lunch:

2 slices of toast (3)
Spaghetti (2)
Butter (.5)
Muller light yog (1)

WW choc bar (1.5)

Dinner:

125g chicken (4)
Roast potatoes (made with frylight) (3)
Carrots (0)
Cabbage (0)
1 yorkshire pudding (1)
1 stuffing ball (1)
WW sticky toffee pudding (3.5)

Total points: 23.5

Exercise: 1 hour of davina fit!

I don't think I'm eating enough fruit. I'm going to set myself a challenge for next week, to eat 3 portions of fruit a day.

Tomorrow is my first WI day! I really really hope I've lost, I've tried so hard to be good this week.

Last edited:
I lost 3.5lb's :D So pleased!! I know it's probably all water retention, but still really pleased. I've also met my target of 3 portions of fruit today.

Today I've had:

Breakfast

2 shredded wheats (2)
Milk (1)

Lunch:

Jacket potato (3)

Chicken (2.5)
Light mayo (1)
Sweetcorn (.5)
Kiwi (.5)
Apple (.5)

WW choc bar (1.5)

Dinner:

Roast chicken (3)

New potatoes (1.5)
Carrots (0)
Cabbage (0)
Stuffing ball (1)

Merange (.5)

Yoghurt (1.5)

(later i'll have...)

Banana (1)

Total points: 20

Portions of fruit: 3

WELL DONE!!! :D :D :D

I lost 4 this week... we're awesome! :)

Thanks everyone!! :D

Today I've struggled a bit. My exams start tomorrow, so today I've been trying to concentrate on revising all day. Usually when I revise I have some sweets or chocolate to keep me awake and focussed. So today I've been craving chocolate all day... but I didn't give in!
:)

I also need to start exercising more often, but have been so busy with revision I've not had the chance. Hopefully next week I'll start a proper exercise routine.

Breakfast:

2 shredded wheats (2)
Milk (1)

Lunch

1 egg (2)
2 slices of toast (3)
Butter (.5)
Apple (.5)
Kiwi (.5)
Yoghurt (1.5)

Options hot choc (.5)

Cereal bar (2)

Dinner

WW ready meal (6)
Merange (.5)
Yoghurt (1.5)

Later on I'll have...

1 banana (1)

Total points: 22.5

Portions of fruit: 3

I've found everything a bit easier today. I had an exam this afternoon and friends round this morning, so have been too busy to think of food. My exam went ok today :) tomorrow I have the really hard exam... I'm panicking now cause I don't think I know enough to pass, even though i've spent the past month revising for it! Trying to cram in as much revision as possible now.

I know I've not eaten enough fruit, or done enough exercise today. Just finding it hard with all these exams.

Breakfast
2 shredded wheat (2)
Milk (1)

Lunch
Wholemeal bread roll (2)
Butter (.5)
30g Chicken (1.5)
Lettuce (0)
Sweetcorn (.5)
Apple (.5)
Yoghurt (1.5)

Chewee bar (2)

Options hot choc (.5)

Dinner:

Beef (4)
Stock (0)
Onion (0)
Carrots (0)
1/4 a parsnip (.5)
1/4 potato (1)
Mini milk (.5)

Total points:

The exam went ok today... I think :/ got another one tomorrow morning so am doing the last minute revision for that now. Can't wait till tomorrow afternoon when exams are over and I can start getting ready for my placement, which starts next week! Ahh!

Anyway, food wise things have been ok today...

Breakfast

2 shredded wheat (2)
Milk (1)

Chewee bar (2)

Lunch

2 slices of bread (3)
Egg (2)
Mayo (1)
Apple (.5)
Chocolate mouse (1.5)

Dinner

Beef (3)
Stock (0)
Carrot (0)
Leek (0)
Onion (0)
Parsnip (.5)
Potato (1)
Tesco rice pudding (3.5)

Total points:

Good luck for tomorrow. You'll be fab! :)

I certainly don't miss exams - it's really nice being the one setting the work, not sitting it! :)
x

Thank you :D You must be able to sympathize with your students... exams are horrible!

My exam didn't go too badly, but it was 3 hours long... by the time it got to 2 hours I'd completely lost my concentration, so didn't really do my best in the last questions. Nevermind, I'm glad exams are over (until february, but shh!)

Breakfast

2 shredded wheat (2)
Milk (1)

Cereal bar (2)

Lunch

2 slices bread (3)
Egg (2)
Mayo (1)
Apple (.5)
Merangue (.5)
Yoghurt (1)

Dinner <- it's in the oven now...

1 potato (4)
2 sausages (2) <- couldn't believe only 1p each!
Egg (2)
2 mini milks (1)

Total points: 21

Am going food shopping in a bit so looking forward to getting some more weight watchers goodies :)

Yesterday I went a bit off the wagon. I'm so annoyed with myself. I weighed myself and I put on a pound :( I know it could be just from where my weight fluctuates, but I can't help but blame what I ate yesterday. I had some friends round, we had a takeaway and went to the pub afterwards. I'm not sure how to point my lunch, I had it in spudulike and can't seem to find the value anywhere. Other than that it's 239 points (i think). I counted it as 9 points just to be safe...

Breakfast

2 shredded wheats (2)
Milk (1)

Lunch

Jacket potato with chicken tikka (9)

2 snack a jacks (2)

Dinner

Chicken chow mein (7.5)
Prawn crackers (4)

2 vodka and diet cokes (2)

Total points: 27.5
:(

Ok, when I think about it, this isn't too bad... I'm meant to have 25 points a day and have gone under by 5 or 6 most days this week... so not a disaster. I'm not expecting to do well this week cause i've done no exercise, it's just hard when I have exams. I just hope I lose the lb I put on yesterday before my weigh in tomorrow!!

Today I'm going to the in-laws for a roast dinner. I probably won't have any roast potatoes and won't have any pudding. They've been really good before when I'm on a diet.

They say there are 233kcal in the Tikka filling.
This is on top of the potato. :)

I didn't write in here yesterday cause i was so busy... weighed in today and i've lost 3lb's this week... am really really pleased, 6.5lb's down in 2 weeks :D I've done the 3 hour journey to Gloucester today for my placement. I'm staying at a friends house, start my first day tomorrow in Cheltenham hospital, so excited!!

Yesterday:

Breakfast

2 shredded wheat (2)
Milk (1)

Lunch

2 slices of bread (3)
Corned beef (2)
Cereal bar (1)
Chocolate fingers (3)

Dinner

Pork medallions (5)
Stuffing (2)
Veg (0)
Potatoes (3)

Total points: 22

Today:

Breakfast

2 shredded wheats (2)
Milk (1)

Lunch:

2 slices of bread (3)
Sausages (3)
Snackajack (1)
Yoghurt (1)

Dinner:

Beef (3)
Gravey (2)
Veg (0)
Mash (2)
Fruit salad (2)
Yoghurt (1)

Total points: 21.5

Hey, just wanted to drop you a quick note of support. I am in the sam eboat as you!

I too am a student at university (in my last year). I also got engaged over Christmas and plan to get married in 2013. Hope you reach your goal, I just want to feel healthier, be more active and look better for my wedding photos.

Hopefully we can both find some motivation and support on these forums.

If you fancy a chat/need some support, fell free to drop me a message!

Balboa

Hey x
Well done on your weight loss :D x Have a good week :)

Great loss! Well done!
Dont worry about the odd indulgence here and there, it's hard to eat out healthily, and it'd drive you crazy to not splurge every now and then. Anyway, a spudulike is about 4 times better than a KFC or something! Context is key, lol.

Best wishes.

Thank you everyone for the lovely messages. It really encourages me to have all of your support. I'm so pleased with my weight loss so far, hopefully I can keep it up :)

Today was my first day of placement, I was in a hospital going round to different wards doing swallowing assessments on patients. I really enjoyed it, was so busy all the time and learnt a lot

Breakfast

Special K (1.5)
Milk (1)

Lunch

2 slices of bread (3)
Chicken (1.5)
Yoghurt (1.5)
Cereal bar (1)
Melon (1)

Dinner

Lots and lots of stir fry (0)
Chicken (2)
Yoghurt (1.5)

Total:

Not enough, I know, but will make up for it another day

Glad you had a great first day on placement - they're usually really scary, so well done!
Good luck xx

Back