My low carb to fertility journey!

Hiya,

I am new to minimums but by no means new to weightloss *rolls eyes & sighs...

I have tried all sorts to lose weight over the last 7 years and have ended up a whopping 16st at 5'9" tall and 24yo.

I was diagnosed with PCOS after 4 years trying for a baby and not winning. I find it very difficult to lose a few lbs but had a little success with the Atkins diet 1 year ago but stopped because of serious constipation issues that were too much for me to cope with.

I have decided to low carb again because I know it works. I just didnt eat enough greens and i ate too much cheese and cream the last time... I won't make that mistake now!

I will be drinking over 2l water, taking a good multivitamin without iron and flaxseed or coconut oil if I get bunged up.

Tomorrows food looks like this...

B: 2 scrambled eggs with bacon, mushroom and spinach.

L: 1 tin tuna with 1 heaped tbsp full fat mayo and a salad of spinach, rocket and watercress.
Butternut squash soup (blended roast squash, veg stock, olive oil, crispy bacon bits and a sprinkling of strong cheddar).

D: rump steak with fine beans and creamy mushrooms.

Does this sound OK? I am not being very strict with my quantities of veg. I don't want to get constipated again!

I am not going to weigh in for a few weeks either to begin with I think it's better when I don't focus on the numbers or I lose motivation.

I have to lose as much weight as possible before my next consultant appt on 27th June to decide if I am a healthy enough weight to start fertility treatment.

Wish me luck!

Hi!

Today has gone really well :)

I stuck to my meal plan exactly with the addition of a small handful of cooked chicken in the afternoon and a ham and cheese roll up.

I don't feel overly hungry but I am feeling a little light headed. I am going to have another pint of water before bed and then settle in for the night.

The butternut squash soup was delicious. I highly recommend it!

Tomorrow will look like this...

B: bacon, spinach and mushroom scrambled eggs
L: chicken and bacon mayo with rocket, watercress, cucumber and spinach salad and butternut squash soup.
D: pork steaks, broccoli and cauli rice.
S: cheese cubes (small) and chicken.

How are you doing today babyweight?

Xx

That's great :) I have been trying to keep the water up too!! I am ashamed to say I have never tried butternut squash! I will need to pop it on the to do list lol! I have really enjoyed eating today!

Hi! Love the name!

Butternut squash isn't suitable for induction - too high carb, but if you find you're in ketosis and losing while eating it then no worries, just something to keep an eye on.

Bns also won't do much for constipation but spinach and leafy greens will - plus stewed rhubarb with a little sweetener is fab. Flax porridge or flax made into mug muffins (check the recipe section) is also a great high fibre cure.

Roast celeriac is a great low carb potato substitute and also good in soup - courgette noodles and courgette soup are also v popular in these parts!

Good luck!

Thanks for the tips guys! I am not being as strict as Atkins induction, following this and the Neris and India plan which allows this bns soup on the first few weeks... If I'm not losing it'll be the first hung I drop :)

I have yet to try the courgette noodles but will do before the week is out :D yum!

Today has gone well, went to the cinema and managed not to be tempted by anything other than a bottle of water *proud :)

Tomorrows food looks pretty much the same as today so here's hoping it goes alright xx

Ttfn, catch up tomorrow xx

Neris and India actually put the BNS recipe in their early section by mistake - I used to be a member of their pig to twig forum years ago and they were going to have it moved to the later section if the book got reprinted, but I'm not sure it did. But as I say - if it works for you, keep it in. Last year I did an induction/owl mix as I take meds with 10g carbs in so couldn't stay under 20g of carbs - I let myself have 20g of good carbs plus the meds and didn't just have induction foods - I had peanuts and berries, which are owl foods. I lost well but I did count my carbs carefully to make certain I was under 30g and checked I was in ketosis.

As with all diets it's about figuring out what works for you!

Well done on avoiding temptation at the cinema, it's a minefield!

Thanks for the tips guys! I am not being as strict as Atkins induction, following this and the Neris and India plan which allows this bns soup on the first few weeks... If I'm not losing it'll be the first hung I drop :)

I have yet to try the courgette noodles but will do before the week is out :D yum!

Today has gone well, went to the cinema and managed not to be tempted by anything other than a bottle of water *proud :)

Tomorrows food looks pretty much the same as today so here's hoping it goes alright xx

Ttfn, catch up tomorrow xx

Well done at the cinema!!! :) x

Thanks guys :) The cinema wasn't too bad. I thought id be dipping into the hubby's popcorn without realising but I didn't :) yay! I did put a biscuit in my mouth at work the other day and realised before I bit in that I shouldn't be eating it, I guess it's total habit really.

Yesterday was ok, still not been tempted by any naughty foods but I didn't eat enough :S

Left the house so early I couldn't stomach eating breakfast and only ate lunch and dinner with no snacks :(

Today looks to be better though :)

B: 3 eggs mixed wish a splash of cream and salt scrambled with butter fried spinach, mushrooms and cooked chicken... Delish! And 1pt water (didn't manage to eat it all)

L: will be large tuna mayo salad and bns soup (last of the batch, might not have any for a few days...) And 1pt water

S: small cubes cheddar and 1pt water

D: salmon fillet with cauli mash, broccoli and green beans and 1pt water.

Will also be drinking water throughout the day.

Feeling a bit queasy about the eggs and leafy greens... Hopefully it'll pass :S

Back