My new start for the new year :)

sargentgirl

Chippin away at it
Hi, Im new to Lipotrim and new to this forum so bare with me while I work it all out lol
Im 30 years old and married with 2 lovely children. Was a size 12 for the majority of my life with a few blips here and there where I gained weight but was never a great deal. Its a different story now however, I have ballooned to a size 18 since the birth of my daughter 4 years ago. Its had a terrible affect on my self esteem and confidence, not to mention my sex life (sorry if tmi) lol. I came accross lipotrim on the internet and found a local pharmacy that supplys it, so have bit the bulllet and signed up for it.

I want to keep this diary as a record and a boost for myself and others when times get tough which Im sure they will! lol (have been reading others diarys:cry:)
Feel free to read and comment, we can all support each other on our long journey ahead :)

I have 5 stone to lose in total and have no idea how long that will take, but Im here for the longhaul. Cheers *raises her milkshake in the air* lol ;)

Hello and welcome :)

you'll getlots of support and advice on here, we all understand and will be here to congratulate your losses and sympathise on the days when things get a wee bit rocky :)

I joined last year, lost quite a bit, and took time off for good behaviour in december, but am back as from next monday..raring to go!!!

I've got at least another 5 stone to lose..so come on, we can do it together :)

Keep posting, good luck, i look forward to chatting with you :)

Thankyou rainbowrose :).

It would be nice to join up on here with someone who has the same amount to lose as me!
Wow! Well done on your loss so far, thats amazing! You should be so proud of yourself.
Iv had my 2nd shake and I have to say the choco one is yummy lol So far so good

Well Im starting to feel hungry lol
Gotta pick hubby up from work shortly and then prepare his and the kids evening meal, trying to find something in the freezer I dont like so It wont nearly kill me to cook it for them all without having any myself lol.
Looking forward to my evening shake, then think I will paint my nails and do my hair. Trying to keep busy at meal times and hungry periods is the way forward I think.....
I have a slight headache coming so have took some paracetamol before it kicks in properly.

Oh Dear... we aren't allowed low self esteem on here sargent... go and sit on the naughty step. Congratulations on grasping the bull by the horns and doing something about it. Just remember that today is the heaviest you will ever weigh and its down hill all the way to the finishing tape(measure). The headache may be cause by a spot of dehydration, or even carb withdrawal. I usually have a couple of paracetamol and a few extra glasses of water. I have 5 stones to lose just to get into a size 18 so am in for the long haul as well. You will get heaps of support on here and a few laughs along the way. Happy new year to you and yours

Thanks tasi, it does seem a very supportive place on here :)
Family are eating dinner so iv locked myself in the lounge where the smell cant reach me! haha
Iv been drinking plenty today, already had my 4 pints so I think carb withdrawel is the likely cause as I am (was!) a carb junky.
Cant wait to see the pounds come off. How long have you been doing this diet and how do you find it?

Day 2

Iv woken up feeling pretty good to be honest! Seemed not to feel quite as lifeless as usual at 6.45am when my alarm goes off.
Must have got hot in the night because I went to bed in pjs and woke up naked lol (It was nothing to do with my hubby lol)
Had a black coffee without sugar as soon as I got up and just had my morning shake sitting at the breakfast table with the kiddies, so far my morning has gone smoothly. I dont feel hungry really, my tummy feels unusually empty which lets be honest is a rare thing lol ;-)
Plans today are to get stuck into housework and keep my mind off food as much as poss. I ordered a yoga dvd for beginers that should arrive today, thought I might give that a bash...

Good morning :)

The first few days of any diet are the worst to get thrugh, and as you know, when you've completed them, every day after becomes easier!

Its obvious you've done this before, as you know exactly what to do to keep occupied during hungry pangs. My thread is full of sdvice on, having a bubble bath, pampering yourself, painting fingernails, reading slimmming mags, phoning a friend, watching a diet programme, going for a walk, DIY, early night!!! ;)..etc etc, all to keep hunger pangs at bay! :)

Ooh thedreaded headaches, been there and done that!..Tasi is right, definately dehydration and carb withdrawal, it doesn't last forever hun, your body and system soon adjusts.

In the early days last year, I too had my meals away from the family, especially if they had a takeaway!!! I sat in another room until the plates were cleared and the leftovers binned :)

I introduced myself to exercise last year, what an eyeopener that was..hee hee I walked EVERYWHERE and had family walks on the beach and around the counry park, i bought an exercice bike and focused on losing weight until i was at the recommeded weight (well almost!) to actually get on it!!!! AND i bought a set of zumba dvds and zumba'd around the room :)

You are doing all the right things and will reap the benefits :)

keep going and have a great day :)

:) Thanks rainbow rose, hope you have a lovely day too :)
I was looking at clothes last night and am thinking of buying myself a pretty dress in a size 12 and hanging it on my wardrobe so I can look at it and focus on why Im doing this. It will act as a reminder to me for when Im at my weakest.
We can do this!! :girlpower:

Of course we can..onwards and downwards :)

Buy that dress, :) i have a pair of size 16 jeans hanging in my wardrobe, i can get them on and over my thighs and bahookey, just gotta get them fastened now!!!! hee hee..kinda proud as this time last year, i was squeezing into size 28's!!! :( ooh dear!

I cant believe how amazingly well you have done! :clap: You must be so proud of your achievements. Come the summer we will be soooooo much slimmer :) x

thankyou x

I can't believe that this time the lightbulb moment came on and finally stayed on!!!..i've been dieting on and off for 25 years!!!!!..something just clicked last year, think it was the mirror in the hotel room last valetines day! :( (see the beginning of my thread for details..and a hundred other reasons for doing this, think its all on page 1 :) )...and as many people have said in the past..if i can do it..ANYBODY can!

..bring on the shorts, vest tops and glamorous sun specs for us both this year :)

Well Im hungry again, didnt help having to cook spag boll for the boys and chilli con carne for my daughter lol but Iv been good and stuck to it solidly. Had my last shake about half hour ago so going to fill up on water and tea untill bedtime. Headaches still there, just taking paracetamol and hoping it goes away. Will be glad when ketosis kicks in!
Roll on day 3.

Day 3

Woke up feeling OK, had my morning black coffee and drank my shake at the table with the kids again. I feel hungry still, not majorly but my tummy keeps making all sorts of strange noises coz its empty lol. Think my breath is starting to smell, hubby hasnt said anything yet but Iv got a funny taste in my mouth and it dont smell very fresh to me lol so Im brushing more than twice a day now in the hope of covering it up! :sigh:

Cant say Im finding the diet too dificult yet, but the bordem of no food hasnt quite set in yet has it...I have that to look forward to. :cry:Im just trying to focus on other things now, like having a long soak and then painting my toenails or looking for 'that' dress that I WILL fit into come summer. I must say, I have alot more time for on my hands now...just shows how much time was taken up by thinking, preparing and eating food! Shocking really. This diet def makes you think about the way you have used food and how much of it was through comfort and boredom instead of hunger.....

Keep going, the first few days are the toughest :)

It must be difficult to prepare food when you are having shakes..hats off to you hun!

I also weigh in at my nurse's clinic and she was astonished that i was cooking different meals for the family from myself, she told me to try feeding the family the same meal as me, or having smaller portions of their meal but minus things like chips etc!..when you reintroduce food, maybe that will work for you too!

Have a good day, you can do this, keep at it! :)

Day 4

Today has been a good day!:)
Fridays are always a busy day for me, I have work in the morning after dropping my children at school and then the weekly shop after lunch before picking the children up again, then off to fetch hubby etc...
I havent felt hungry all day, infact I nearly forgot to have my lunchtime shake and finally had it at 3 o clock. I must be in ketosis at last! Happy days!!:)

I feel like I have more energy today, I havent stopped all day yet Im not as tired or worn out as I usually would be. Strange really as I thought food was 'fuel' for our bodys...all it ever made me was sluggish lol Although it could have had something to do with my food choices :eek:

Im feeling quite excited actually, the thought of being slim actually feels achievable for the first time in years. I am determined to stay focused on the goal and not let myself get distracted by quick fix snacks or 'special occasion food' My diary is empty untill Iv completed my diet journey :)
Wonder how much I will lose this week....

Day 5

Had a ly in this morning till 9.30 but to be honest I still feel very tired. Wasnt expecting too after yesterdays energy boost :confused:
Last night was pretty awfull actually, I had such a positive day but come 7.00pm my mood turned. I was dreaming of food and red wine :cry:I have no idea where it came from! I wasnt feeling like that at all during the day. Maybe it was a 'weekend' thing though, I would usually be ordering me and hubby an indian takeaway and drinking plenty of glasses of red wine as a 'reward' for our hard week lol. I was extremely irratible last night as a result of my 'feeling deprived' tried not to be snappy but I think I may have failed :(
I was glad to go to bed in the end and Im happy to say I didnt give into my temptation :) I started looking at dresses in a size 12 again online LOL That seems to be my saving grace lately.

So this morning, I felt a bit rough to be honest so I downed 2 pints of water in the hope it might just be dehydration thats causing it. Iv just had my morning shake, vanilla with a spoonfull of coffee...I actually really enjoy the taste of that one :) My plan is to do a little bit of yoga and try and keep busy with other things instead of thinking about all the things I would be eating today! Im finding out that I get quite bored because Im not eating...pathetic really :sigh:

My god! Im so moody! :sigh:
Wish it would just go away, I dont want my hubby and children to think Im miserable on this diet..they may start thinking I shouldnt be on it and try and change my mind about it.
Im confused because I was under the impression ketosis was ment to bring brighter days...I dont feel particulary hungry but I feel fed up inside and snappy and unsatisfied. Is this normal??
Dont know what to do to make myself feel better, Iv done some yoga, had a bubble bath and washed my hair..arrrrrgggghhhhh!!

Your body and mind has got to adjust to the big changes hun, hang on in there :)
Hats off to you for trying the whole food replacement diet, i've tried it years ago and couldn't do it, but i know it works out well for many!
Your body probably is craving food and it makes you feel snappy etc, someone who is following this diet will be able to advise you how long it takes to settle down and accept the changes?
Even a food related diet makes us snappy in the early days, think its the withdrawal of carbs, sugar etc in the early days..so you are likely experiencing something like that too?
You are doing the right things to overcome the feelings, just try to persevere a little longer hun..good luck!

Last edited:
Well I slipped!! Great! I ate food last night!
I feel crappy about it today and plan to get back on the wagon straight away....why is this diet so flippin hard! arrrrgggghhhh!
Im not going to go in to wat I ate but it will have def knocked me out of ketosis..so Iv got the fun of getting back into it now. Weigh in day tuesday so hopefully not done to much damage.
I really need to be stronger......

Back