My Slimming World Journey to Inspire - 5 Stone 7 Pound Total Loss

Awww thank you, actually i am single but everyone is proud of i am sure. I always smile - no matter what, even on a bad day - why not lol!
So sorry I swear I read in one of your other threads you was married I'm sure you won't be single for long you look great x

So sorry I swear I read in one of your other threads you was married I'm sure you won't be single for long you look great x
]

Ah don't be daft! No need to apologise! I could well have said it lol

In regards to the treat bit we always call our weigh in day our naughty day where we have a few extra treats or a sneaky takeaway then straight back to it the next morning

In regards to the treat bit we always call our weigh in day our naughty day where we have a few extra treats or a sneaky takeaway then straight back to it the next morning

Exactly! Although i tend not to - i just a pick a day have a treat and then back on again...... I think the body needs treats, its important :p well that's my story and i'm sticking to it lol :p

So..... what are my tips for surviving?
1) Don't be afraid to snack - keep it syn free or low syn
2) If you want something find a way of working it into your day - if you want crisps, use 4-6 syns on them and you'll find its out of your system. If not you're more likely to buy a huge bag and eat the lot.
3) If you go over your 15 syns - don't worry - stop, carry on the following day back on plan
4) If you put on or don't loose - its ok - life isn't perfect, try changing something for the following week
5) I found i got bored of the same things, try new food, recipes, snacks to keep you uplifted
6) The forum is great - use it!
7) Easy exercise - as i outlined above - simple and supportive
8) Have a laugh with the weight loss - it will go, its a journey. Mine took 11-12 months before most of my weight was off - that's a long time.
9) Make the plan work for you, i do the plan different to my sister - we both follow the rules but when we have our b option or the snacks we choose are different.
10) Ask people's advice - its ok to check things out and wonder what has gone wrong/you could change.
11) If you want to go out, do it. You shouldn't feel guilty having a glass of wine with a steak dinner, with friends. Just be conscious that doing it ALL the time will have an impact.
12) 'Fakeaways' if you can cook them, can help with take away cravings!
13) Keep a record of how you are doing, it can help you see if you are on plan, if you've done less exercise or if you have just not done anything wrong, followed the plan but just not seen the difference - it happens!
14) Drink water - some times, you feel hungry when you want some water - drink a glass, see if it keeps you going for a bit.
15) When you go shopping - TAKE A LIST AND STICK TO IT!
16) Don't give in - it does work, if you put the work in too. If you don't - you won't see the results.

Those are some of my tips. I am more than happy to discuss anything with anyone. I want to inspire and motivate others to help keep me going on plan and maintaining as well as helping all you guys get it off and maintain too!

Lee

(P.S - i am pretty sure i have missed something off here that i wanted to say but that's life isn't it - no-ones perfect!)

Hi Lee,

Just came across your diary - love your survival tips!

I think it's great that you and your sister have been able to support one another and continue to do so (also glad I'm not the only one who gave up during pregnancy!)

Seems like you have a great mentality and a great attitude towards both slimming world and life in general - thanks for sharing it!

Hi Lee,

Just came across your diary - love your survival tips!

I think it's great that you and your sister have been able to support one another and continue to do so (also glad I'm not the only one who gave up during pregnancy!)

Seems like you have a great mentality and a great attitude towards both slimming world and life in general - thanks for sharing it!

Thank you so much!

Yeah it has been helpful - i have to say we are both having a weekend of nothing but treats but yeah we are both straight back onto it lol. All i want to do right now is inspire others to keep me going and my own motivation now that i've 'done' as it were.

Hope you enjoy my tips..... i reckon i should add more, or have more or should add in others' that have been posted. Keep us posted on your progress too!

Back