My Sound of Music obsession continues!

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
Well, after moaning that the Sound of Music hadn't been on this Christmas it finally has! :D I've had the biggest crush imaginable on Captain von Trapp since I was about 8 (being 25 now, that's quite a long time :eek:). It's such a shame Christopher Plummer had to age, :sigh:

Excuse the random post, lol! :)

Sian xxx

I can see that.

I've just had my usual choking up as Maria returns, and the children realise as they hear her voice over their own.

I love random posts Sian! - I never saw it today but watched it a few months back. I'm a movie lover and watch all the old favourites quite often.

I love that film Sian. Have you ever been to a Singalonga-Sound of Music? It's an experience not to be missed!!!!

Happy New Year, Trace xxx

Happy New Year to you all! Trace - no, I've never been to one of those showings! Sounds like it would be right up my street though, lol! :D

I'm starting to feel that my obsession wth Christopher Plummer as Captain von Trapp is showing up a worrying trend in me fancying older men - Alan Rickman always catches my eye, and I was practically drooling over Robert Redford in The Horse Whisperer earlier. This is not good! :eek: :eek: Lol! xx

Nothing wrong with an older man hun! As a fellow hardcore Sound of Music fan I second tracejovi's endorsement of the Sing-a-longa experience. Just seeing everybodies bizarre outfits was funny enough but then to enjoy the film and join in with the songs with fellow fans was fantastic!

Well, after moaning that the Sound of Music hadn't been on this Christmas it finally has! :D I've had the biggest crush imaginable on Captain von Trapp since I was about 8 (being 25 now, that's quite a long time :eek:). It's such a shame Christopher Plummer had to age, :sigh:

Excuse the random post, lol! :)

Sian xxx

Me too, me too. Just love Sound of Music, so does DH !!!!

Happy New Year Sian !!!

I have only seen the film once, quite some time ago, and quite liked it.

There was an obituary yesterday in The Times for Agathe von Trapp, who was the inspiration for the character of Liesl in the film.

She died in America on December 28th, aged 97.

I was a bit surprised to read that the family were not very happy with the inaccuracies in the musical and the film, and that the ending was totally wrong!

HAHA!!

I loved this post. I got upset a few years ago when the Sound of Music wasn't on tv at ALL!

So my Mum bought me the dvd for Christmas :D Favourite filmage ever.

xx

Back