My Wedding Weight Loss Journey

proserpina

I realised when I logged in just now that I last posted on this site in 2008-9, when I lost about 50lbs. I have probably put that 50lbs back on and lost it again three times since then - so frustrating! What's even more disturbing is that this time round, I have gained it and MORE. Groan.

But I am back with a vengeance. Part of the weight gain has come from being very happy and settled with my OH. This year has been a biggie - after 4 years together we bought our first house together in March, he proposed in April and two weeks ago we got a cat. Of course, being loved up is wonderful but has done nothing for my waistline. Sadly he's as rubbish around food and exercise as I am so we've tempted each other a bit too much.

However with a wedding happening next June and a dress I have already bought and need to fit into, the game is most certainly back on.

I have been watching my food and upping my exercise - nothing fancy - for about 4 weeks now and have lost 11.4 lbs. I've got just over 44 weeks now to lose the rest. I am more determined than ever not to be the fat bride, but more importantly, to ditch the unhealthy habits and to start married life happier and healthier than I have ever been.

I'll be keeping a diary to record my progress, things I have tried and learnt. I am also hoping it'll keep me to account a little bit as let's be realistic, I am not going 44 weeks without slipping up. What I need to work on is picking myself up, dusting myself off and keeping fighting the good fight.

It'd be great to have some company along the way, whatever your reason for losing weight, I'd love to hear your stories and hope we can cheer ourselves along.

Well I have been spectacularly rubbish at posting! I think life got in the way :)

But I have not been spectacularly rubbish at losing weight. As of last Friday I have lost a fraction over 56lbs, or 4 stones in old money.

It's less than 17 weeks to the wedding and I am refocusing my efforts to lose another, hopefully, stone or two before the big day.

And hopefully one or two more posts ;)

Well I have been spectacularly rubbish at posting! I think life got in the way :)

But I have not been spectacularly rubbish at losing weight. As of last Friday I have lost a fraction over 56lbs, or 4 stones in old money.

It's less than 17 weeks to the wedding and I am refocusing my efforts to lose another, hopefully, stone or two before the big day.

And hopefully one or two more posts ;)
Well done, that's amazing! All the best for your wedding

Well done, that's amazing! All the best for your wedding

Thank you :)

Had a really positive week this week. I have spent the last few struggling a bit with any motivation but back with a bang! Been able to get to the gym a few times, which I am actually starting to enjoy as I see my body changing and what I can do. I am not having a traditional wedding by any means but there's something quite motivating about having it as a goal at the moment, which is sustaining me.

I have been trying to identify triggers and food. I have noticed I tend to be hungry more in the day when I grab breakfast on the go at 7.30, when I don't really want to eat, but it's convenient. Have been trying to eat later, around 9am when I get to work and it seems to be a success. Am also experimenting with having a bowl of fruit on my desk to avoid the sugar cravings during the day. I've learnt I am not so much fussed about savoury food but can cram sweet stuff in my mouth without any thought at all!

Step on the scales tomorrow, hopeful that I have had a good week as I begin the final push.

Had an epic result when I stepped on the scales this morning. I am down a whopping 8lbs :D:D:D

I think part of this was water weight, as I'd been a bit bloated last week, but really pleased I've managed to kick start my weight loss downwards, since I stagnated for most of February.

Best of all, I am now the lowest weight I have ever been. I have never been under 14 stone as an adult. Whoop whoop :D

Day 3 of no refined sugar and am craving biscuits, mainly because I am in the office, I'm bored and it's a distraction, so reminding myself of that and that I am not actually hungry as have just had breakfast!

Spinning tonight, then my OH is out so have a nice relaxing evening planned with a bath, my book and a cup of tea. Rock and roll ;)

Nicely done!

Hi, thought I'd say hello, your doing fantastic. When do you get married, my date is 27.8.17 I want to lose about a stone before July for my final fitting for dress...I'd like to follow you for inspiration x

Wow you seem to be doing very well! Its nice to have something to look foward to which really is motivating and what better than your wedding day! For me I'm going to Italy in two weeks so I have been to the gym although its only been two weeks so far since I decided to lose a few pounds and come back to the forum. Ive also found out today that im going to be a bridesmaid in August which was a nice suprise! like you I joined the forum a while ago and have been up down several times. Anyway its good to be back on track with some goals.

Back