Nandos and flexi syns! HELP!

Jenn457

I'm going to Nandos tomorrow lunch time and I can't get the mash potatoes on the syns calculator and don't know how to go about doing it! I know it can't be syn free because I think it's got butter in!

also I'm confused about the flexi syns when I did slimming world 3 years ago I could save my syns throughout the week to use in one day is this not the same thing?

Flexi-synning is all about letting your hair down now and again and not beating yourself up about the odd blow-out. The book says that your weight loss may be a little bit slower that week but the long-term gain is that you won't have the guilty feeling and you know you are staying in control. You don't have to save syns up for these days.

Nando's is not too bad. There was a thread on here somewhere about a whole meal that could be had for about 6 syns or so. The main thing is avoid the chips, they are quite high (although I don't care, they're too yummy when you dip them in xtra hot sauce :) ). You can have the spicy rice which is free (at least I'm pretty sure it is), corn on the cob too. The salads are nice and worth having, but make sure the dressing is given to you separately. The mash probably does have butter but you could always ask them to make it without, you might get lucky. Avoid the pitta breads! I think it's actually a criminal offence to take the crispy skin off Nando's chicken though, so if you are planning on doing that then kindly post it all to me instead :D

The rice is 2.5 the butterfly chicken is 3.5 I heard the mash is 20 suns not sure if that's true lol you'd be better of having chips lol

Lol! I'm a veggie so can't eat the chicken and the veggie options are quite high so going to go with rice, corn on the cob and that's why I was thinking about the mash potatoe! I'm drinking tomorrow night as well so didn't want to use too many!

can you not carry syns over the days anymore then? Because I used to save them up if I was going for a meal somewhere in the past x

Yeah you can save your syns. I use mine weekly I get 20 a day since I am very very over weight. So I start with 140 a week then deduct what I use each day xxx

Me too I use all mine on the weekend any go practically syn free thru the week :) works for me atm :)

Back