Nandos! Whole meal for 6.5 syns yipee :)

Just saw this in the magazine this month about it being 3 without the skin, like Stevie I always counted it with the skin, eeek! I was there at lunchtime today (before I read the mag), how many syns roughly would you count for the skin?

Uh oh I too have been counting as 3 with skin on, although saying that it never affected my weight loss...also how can a 1/4 chicken with skin off be free, yet the butterfly breast with skin off be 3? Unfair if u ask me! Lol

I love the butterfly chicken from nandos. Shame I can't have the rice as the one in nandos has nuts in which I'm allergic to :-(

My SW membership has run out so I no longer have access to the website / app. Could anyone remind me how many Syns there are in Nando's chips? 13 or so rings a bell...

Hi!

I'm new here, so please bear with me :)

I had a Nandos Takeaway yesterday afternoon, mixed leaf salad and Mango and Lime chicken, I was a little dissapointed as the chicken was so Hot and spicy that I barely managed to finish it.

I usually go for 1/4 chicken breast, mixed side salad and corn on the cob, which is 1 syn.

Nando's is the only place I can find where I'm not going to compromise my day but eating loads of syns, can anyone advise of other similar eateries? Maybe where I can grab a sit down meal for less than 8 syns?

I'm really enjoying Slimming World so far.

X

reading threw all these is making me hungry after iv eaten my tea.. am looking forward to starting my Christmas shopping now just so i can have a few cheeky lunches in nandos

Am I right in believing that the beloved hallumi has gone up to 9syns for 54g which I assume is one portion? :(

It is indeed! It's too big a portion to even count as a HExA too - unless you're doing an original day. On original & green you're allowed two A's and two B's, so you could have: butterfly chicken with skin removed (3 Syns), add your own sauce (0.5 per tbsp), mixed leaf salad (superfree) and grilled halloumi (2 x HExA). A gorgeous meal for 3.5 Syns :)

Does anyone know the syns of the new 'boneless thighs'? Its 4 thighs flame grilled with skin on, im wondering if you remove the skin would they be free like the usual 1/4 or 1/2 chicken? Or have similar syns to the butterfly chicken at 3? Still dont understand how these can be different but you can never guess with SW! Any help appreciated x

This is awesome news! Thanks for posting :) I always struggle for places to eat out and Nando's has always been one of my favourites! guess I don't need to feel as guilty when I go now :)

Hi everyone,

I just had to share this because i know that eating out can be a real obstacle for people, and it really shouldn't be. I think people find it harder around this time too as Christmas shopping and people wantimg a nice treat at the end of it. Today i went to nandos and used the slimming world app tp syn an entire meal for 6.5 syns on Extra Easy. It was absolutely gorgeous!! :)

View attachment 68459

It's Butterfly chicken in medium peri peri marinade (3.5 syns) savoury rice (3 syns) and grilled corn on the cob (0). It was delicious and guilt free. Go forth and enjoy :)

Oh, and instead of corn on the cob my OH got the peas which are made with chilli and mint and that's only 2.5 syns which would make the entire meal 9 syns. Hooray!

I am so pleased I have seen this hun. I just started sw again two weeks ago and I've only ever been to Nando's once. Me and and friend are going on Thursday and I've looked on the app to see whats low in syns and was pleasantly surprised. This is the exact same meal I have wrote down :)
Cant wait for it now. xxxx

Thanks for saying there is a feature on the sw website too, I have just logged in and checked it out so really pleased i can eat out with my friend and not feel guilty of having loads of syns :) xxx

Each portion of thighs is 6½ Syns per portion on Extra Easy

*edit*

Not too sure about the other plans, but hopefully that helps.

Last edited:
Back