Nandos! Whole meal for 6.5 syns yipee :)

this is my absolute favourite place to eat. In. The.World. :) Thanks for this thread!
I usually have the medium chicken breast wrap (before SW) so will just switch to half or butterfly chicken. I normally have spicy rice or a mediterranean salad, that's probably quite high in sins so i'll switch to a green salad with corn & spicy rice.
Not sure the peri salt is free though, I expect it's got more to it than just salt. *shrugs* was going to do sin free chips X

just checked -
Peri-peri Chip Sprinkle , 2 level tsp½

Last edited:
Do you think you could do this meal on a green day? Spicy rice (3syns) corn on cob or side salad (free) and butterfly chicken (hex A) plus still count the (3.5syns) for skin?
Wishful thinking maybe? I just find EE days dont really work for me and really fancy rice tomorrow...

Never regret something that once made u smile

I would say the amount of the chicken breast is probably 2 healthy ex B or just eat 1/2? Or have a large salad, large spicey rice, macho peas? corn on cob and no chicken?

personally, i'd have it as an EE day

Thanks ladies. I ended up saving all my syns, so I could do green, counting half the butterfly chicken as a hexB and syning the extra. Weighed in today and lost 2lbs so obviously didnt work out too bad : ) LoVe NaNdOs!!

Never regret something that once made u smile

Looove Nando's and the fact that it can be done so low in Syns. I'm going with my boyfriend tomorrow, and I can't wait! Always have a Red day when I go and have:

- Butterfly Chicken (3) with Medium peri peri marinade (0.5)
- Grilled Halloumi (will count as my HExA as I have halloumi at home and it looks roughly the same amount. I have two HExA's on a Red day anyway, so that will cover it)
- Mixed leaf salad

A gorgeous meal out for 3.5 Syns? Winner!

Hi this might sound a thick question but with the butterfly chicken is it 3.5syns with or without the skin? I know 0.5 syns for the marinade. Is it 3 for oil and skin removed or 3 for skin and oil?

thanks

I just checked online its skin off the chicken and it says a few syns for any marinade/oil it's cooked in.

Eeeek I thought it was 3.5 syns for butterfly chicken with the skin on and this included the 0.5 syn for the marinade??

I got a salad yesterday with halloumi (had as extra healthy a choice). Worked out the whole thing only came to 5 syns (for avocado and a few sunflower seeds). It was nice too :)

I could just eat that!

It was amazing! Before I would usually get mushroom and halloumi wrap with peri chips but I'm actually converted to the salad now :)

I read on here spicy rice is free but on the app it isn't :(. I usually opt for butterfly chicken and salad with corn - works for me :D

I eat the butterfly chicken with the skin on and class that as 3 Syns. It is listed on Syns online as:

Peri-Peri Flame Grilled Chicken Butterfly, per serving = 3 Syns

As it doesn't mention 'skin removed' on there, I count it as the whole thing.

The Nando's "useful features" on the SW wesbite states that: "The menu at Nando’s is bursting with flame-grilled chicken and spicy foods that’ll tantalise your tastebuds. Although lean chicken is a fabulously Free Food, the marinade on Nando’s chicken, and because it’s served in its skin, means that by enjoying your peri-peri chicken as it comes, you’ll also be eating an unexpected number of Syns. By removing all the skin, you’ll make your chicken lower in Syns while still enjoying the fiery flavours"

I order it plain (3 Syns) and then add my own sauce at 0.5 Syns per tbsp.

I have always had butterfly chicken, skin on and marinade, spice rice, mixed leaf salad and halloumi and counted it as my HexA + 6.5 Syns and ive never not lost weight so im sticking with it :p

Guess where I'm off for lunch today ... :D

Back