need an opinion from a medical person please

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
hi ya, just got a quick question and would value your opinion just so I am prepared so..

I have had my appointment come for the pre med to have my knee replacement. Trouble is I have developed ringworm (nothing to do with worms for the non medical, just a skin fungal infection lol) and am just wondering if they will do the opp while I still have it cos of the bedding etc as it is very contageous. I'm setting myself up for the negative and anything else is a bonus but just wondered if anyone could tell me what they think.

I'm not medical honey, but I'd imagine they take them on case by case. Just tell them what's going on and see what they say. And also wanted to send hugs to you xxx

I'm not sure, they have very stringent rules , ie not if you have a cold etc. I would ring the consultants secretary asap.

I'm just thinking skin infection, open wounds etc. Just my luck it will be postponed, oh joy! Anyway, see if anyone else has any ideas, thanks for replies so far.

Have you had treatment for the ringworm? and where is it on your body? will it be anywhere near the wounds on your knees??
Are you going to Day unit or staying in? all of these things need to be taken into consideration, you are going for your pre op assessment so that would be the perfect time to ask the questions. If it has been treated and there are no further out breaks anywhere else I wouldnt think it would be a problem
Hope this helps
Sandra x

Back