1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Extra Easy Need clarification!!! :D

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by adriennemossy, 1 May 2009 Social URL.

1. adriennemossy

adriennemossy Well-Known Member

Can anyone explain to me why say, a banana on slimming world is a free food but as soon as you BBQ it plain or bake it, it turns into 4 1/2 syns?? I cant get my head round it!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. MidwifeKim

MidwifeKim Well-Known Member

I'm no expert but i think it is because cooked fruit is easier for the body to digest. I could be way off, but thats what i understood.

4. Divster

Divster Banned

What Kim said :D

5. adriennemossy

adriennemossy Well-Known Member

Ah ok thanks, that helps....

6. jaylou

jaylou Well-Known Member

It is to do with the quantity of fruit you can consume when baked due to the amount it reduces. For example, you can eat a lot of apples when cooked and the body does not realise how much food it has had in relation to if you ate that fruit raw.

Same goes for blending fruit in a puree or smoothie, you can consume greater amounts than if you were to eat it raw.

However.......If I bake one banana then I don't syn it because I would eat that one banana raw!

7. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

It is as was said above, but also when fruit is cooked it releases more natural sugars, therefore higher in syns x