Need Help! Magic Pants?!

Ajax

Finally...Life begins
Ok Today I went for a dress fitting for my sisters wedding which isn't until 2008 so have plenty of time to be lovely and slim, but the thing is, I am a bridesmaid for my best mate at the end of november, so have 5 weeks until my final dress fitting. The dress is gorgeous, but I tried on a similar dress today just to get an idea, (Btw when i had my first fitting, they fitted me in a size 30 dress. The size 24 today had to be pinned as it was miles to big :eek: :) ) So although was very pleased with the dress.

BUT

I had this lovely big stomach that now hangs downwards and looks bloody awful under the dress, I was so disappointed, can't wear a hoop thing to skim my tummy so wondered.. what magic pants are there that work?!! Wedding isn't until 24th Nov, so need to leave it as close as possible!!

Hi Ajax

Exciting to be a bridesmaid twice over, but pressure too I guess. I bought some plain black ones from M&S a while back They look just like a big knicker and were black cotton so not too revolting. I don't remember how much they were but not too much. They flattened the tummy but can give you a tummy ache if you wear them all day.

I have also heard that SPANX are good. I think they are quite pricey and look really ugly but do a good job. Not sure where you get them. They probably have a web page, or try QVC maybe.

As it's not so much to pull you in just flatten you off some not too pricey ones may be the answer.

Happy shopping!

Dizzy x

hmm only pair i have are a 'hold in' type from debenhams bought 5 years ago.. and they are rubbish.. push your belly UP basically. :rolleyes: even now when I'm 2 stone lighter than when i bought them. :eek:

Hope you find a great pair (M&S sound good.. might give them a try myself) and have a wonderful time!
Well done for going from a 30 to below a 24! :D

3 words for you- spanx spanx spanx!!
They really are magic pants & if you get the high waisted ones they go right up to under your bust & there are no bulges or anything!

Best of all, they don't cut in or totally cut you in half so no tummy ache!!

Enjoy the day¬!

JML Magi Knickers too, from your local wilkinson!!!!!!!

3 words for you- spanx spanx spanx!!
They really are magic pants & if you get the high waisted ones they go right up to under your bust & there are no bulges or anything!

Best of all, they don't cut in or totally cut you in half so no tummy ache!!

Enjoy the day¬!

Spanx high waisted are the best. Without a doubt!
Great slimline result. No rolls or bulges. A bit more expensive but well worth the money. (Once you have them you will wear them again and again - I promise!)

Whatever you do make sure they fit properly, and wear them at least once before the wedding! I bought some that were obv a little too small, and they rolled down under my dress! Horrific! But got a pair from Debenhams for my own wedding, and trialed them PROPERLY so much better.

And where's your photos? Have got used to seeing Ajax's weekly losses and playing ring the differences ;)

Thanks all, Where do i buy the spanx high waisted ones from??

Wobbly, Haven't done any pics for a while as I usually do it when I am weighed, which isn't for another couple of weeks. Might do some this afternoon tho :)

Back