Need help

Smurfygirl

Don't know where to put this so apologies if it is in the wrong place. Basically, I have been at SW since Jan in a new group and my weight always fluctuates around the same number. I know it is my fault as I don't stick to plan and I'm sorry to all of you that do but I can't say no. It sounds so pathetic but I give up too easily and even though I don't have rubbish in stop at the shop or take away. I get really grumpy when my partner says anything and I hate the way I look. I joined the gym 3 weeks ago but have only been twice. I just don't know how to get the willpower. It's so stupid and I know it is my fault but I don't know how to change. Please help if you can. I don't know how I can do it. Thanks x

Only you can do it I'm afraid.

Your body quickly and badly gets addicted to mostly sugar in high fat high calorie food once ur rid of the drug and sugar is a drug in this sense ull find it way much easier. Ur addicted just like someone on hard drugs or cigs.

You need to just break through first 2 weeks. And make a simple decision stay as you are n put more on or try that bit harder. If needs be shut yourself off for 2 weeks go bed early, whatever works for you but you gotta ride out the addiction first then deal with nxt phase after that.

Hi..I was like this until a few weeks ago when something clicked ..basically if I wanted things to change, I had to change. I know sometimes easier said than done, but at the end of the week on the scales, it doesn't matter that WI had a fudge instead of a mars bar or rice instead of chips because the loss was worth it, and I didn't completely deprive my self..I have only really been lurking here and there are some amazing people with amazing losses who prove it can be done...have you tried a for and against this helped me to focus on why I want this and to come up with solutions to some obstacles ..good luck, I know it can be a hard journey xx

Thank you. I have put the app on my phone and am going to try my hardest to stick to plan til weigh in on thurs. I think then I will give it another 2 weeks to see if I can kick the sugar addiction. I'd never thought about it like that. Thank you for the support. I know it is only me that can do it. Here's to trying :)

Hi there.
Firstly get someone to take a photo of you & pin it up near the kitchen food store, in the kitchen as a reminder why you want to do this!
Write a weekly menu, only buy the ingredients you need for these recipes.
Keep a food diary.
Good luck!
Pete

Hi, think about what you normally would like to eat, all your favourite meals, there's a recipe for just about everything. Then sit down and give yourself a chance to look through some magazines and recipe books, and look online for some things you would really enjoy. You've got to make it fun, and it can be really good fun trying new things. have a go at planning a menu for a couple of days. Fill up on all the free and superfree foods so you're not hungry. Put some treats in so you're not feeling deprived of anything, and keep a food diary for a couple of weeks so you get into a new groove! Find places like Aldi, tesco and Asda, where you can pick up loads of bargains. Set yourself mini targets to aim for, I just took it half a stone at a time, and the awards were a real motivator for me. Aiming for the body magic awards can be fun, but if you don't like the gym much, Zumba and cycling are worth a go.xx

Back