Need some help Please!

Kerry T

I have picked up my 1st batch of shakes, but now I have got home I don't seem to have any instructions as to how to mix them up...... How much water do I need to use for the shakes and soup? Also do you just stir them or do you have to shake them?

They reccomend 240ml of water with the shakes/soup... But I usually just go with 250 or 300ml. I have a shaker to do my shakes in, got it from Asda for quite cheap and with the soup I use an electronic whisk, makes it nice and smooth. Good luck with the first day! :) x

IMG_0196.jpgIMG_0194.jpg

I have taken some pictures of the instructions off my lipotrim carrier bags. Just click on the pictures and they should be large enough to read. I hope they have come through ok!

BM

Last edited:
Once you get started you will develope your own personal taste as to how you like your shakes. I personally only like the chocolate shakes and I add 500ml of ice cold water as I prefer them thinner. Best wishes for your first week. It will be tough and you will have to stay strong but if I can do it, you can do it!

BM

Thank you busy mum! I was given my supplies in a pharmacy carrier bag so I guess thats why I don't have any instructions.

I hate my shakes thin!! I find that really weird as i HATE smoothies for there thickeness, even weetabix - I have to have it really thinned out with milk else I gag, yet the shakes - I only make with 200ml water so they are nice and thick, weird that isn't it!! I only have the vanilla (rarely), mostly chocolate, both mixed with coffee powder (decaff) and the coconut flapjacks. I'm trying the soup for the first time this tonight, the chicken one! I'm quite excited in a weird way!! hehehe!

I'm taking all this advice in as I'm actually quite nervous about it. I absolutely have to lose the weight so I can have Ivf treatment.

Oh I add 500 mls into mine only because they seem to last longer with lots of ice. I find it helps to get extra water in as well.

Heya Kerry yep you can have peppermint or green teas as long as theyre not fruity ones :)

goose I tried the chicken soup this week and it was actually fine! It tastes like chicken soup in the same way that the shakes taste like a normal milkshake... only vaguely and a bit bland! Its fine though, nice to have something hot as I dont really like the shakes hot.

Hi KerryT Welcome to the forum and to your weight loss programme.

I bought a shaker from the pharmacy (£4.99) and it does get all the lumps out. I use 250ml of water as directed but I am sometimes tempted to use less because I can't stand the taste of them, I find them disgusting so I just down them. I only have chocolate too as I cannot tolerate any other flavours and I once almost threw up whilst trying to drink the chicken soup!

I've said this before so will say it again. I see this diet as a course of treatment. My condition?????........obesity!!! So to cure it, I take 1 shake, 3 times a day and I keep on taking them until the symptons have all cleared up and I no longer have the illness. This is my way of coping and it works for me. If I had any other type of illness that required a lengthy period of medication then I would take it until I was cured so I treat this the same way.

Good luck, keep logging in here for support and to support, it really does help as we all have the same issue, just that some of us are further on in our treatment than others.

That it a great way of looking at it Ms R! That's why I can't stand the soup. It's imitating "food" too much but it's rank. I find it easier to think of the cold shakes as medicine. But I have to admit I love the vanilla shakes mixed with coffee.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Thank you Ms R! That is indeed a good way to think about it. I have started today and so far so good. I had a chocolate shake this morning with 300ml of water from the tap, but found it a bit boring. So at lunch I used 300ml of water and a cup of crushed ice and put it in the blender - much better! I have to say I was a bit hungry at about 11am but the water seemed to fix that. I am currently testing a cup of peppermint tea as I'm cold - not bad. I hope I can achieve the loss that you've had, Well Done!

Well done everyone :) its my day 3 it's ok so far looking forward to weighing in on Tuesday :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Kerry

Not sure which peppermint tea you're trying but I only use the Lord Nelson brand which I've only every seen in LIDL. Do you have a LIDL you can get to? They're in a green box of 25 teabags and they're cheaper than any of the other brands. They look quite posh too as they have a string on them and they are really very lovely. I started drinking them 3 or 4 yrs ago when I first did this diet, I used to drink Earl Grey before that for a good 10 years and I was totally converted. I have never drunk Earl Grey since or indeed any other type of tea, even though I've not been on this diet until this time. I think they're 79p per box so not a big expense if you don't like them. I find that they just give you a good fresh breath feel and not a spearmint type of flavour which I've found others to have.

Ok thanks Ms R. I have at the moment got the Morrisons blend of Peppermint/Green Tea which is OK. I have however been to Aldi (as no Lidl) and they too have a different option to try so shall let you know. I am now trying my 1st attempt at the chicken soup........................ all I can say is it is much better piping hot!!! Its pretty tough once its started cooling.

Back